Calling Useless Forums nerds...

CletusJones said:
psh, siamese > *.cat

They don't really shed and they don't have fur, it's hair. Because of this they're good for people who are allergic to cats (me), plus their bright blue eyes are exotic. Not to mention that they've super vocal and are friendly and a half.

For the record though, siamese come in a bunch of different patterns, you can get them with stripes if that's what you're into.

Maine Coon > Siamese

You don't have to check the shape of the head to figure out the tempermant.
They can get up to 20 pounds and still not need to diet
They are hypo Allergenic
They can guard your house.

Last edited:
CletusJones said:
psh, siamese > *.cat

They don't really shed and they don't have fur, it's hair. Because of this they're good for people who are allergic to cats (me), plus their bright blue eyes are exotic. Not to mention that they've super vocal and are friendly and a half.

For the record though, siamese come in a bunch of different patterns, you can get them with stripes if that's what you're into.
Sorry, totally disagree... Siamese cats are NOT hypoallergenic at all! You ought to see me and my dad come out of my cousin's. My dad especially. As soon as they come up to him and rub his face his eyes will puff up. Never once were they said to be good for anyone with allergies. They do shed, though not as much as American short hair

Yes, I am allergic to pets... cats too. Siberian Forest cats are the best. Maine Coon & Nowegan forest cats are okay. No other cat should ever be labeled as hypo allergenic.

That and I agree with my hubby about Maine Coons, personalities are wonderful. sweet & loving... talkative but not annoyingly loud and obnoxious. Just amazing cats