Calling our resident Blackberry guru

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
Trying to get a couple things working right. We recently started using a Windows small business server. Previously my boss had been using Outlook on his computer and would sync his blackberry. Now that we're using exchange I can't seem to figure out how to get the blackberry to sync with the exchange mailbox. It only syncs with the personal folders file. Any idea how I can get it to sync with the .ost file instead?

Also, any idea how wireless sync works? He's with Cingular, we're not running any sort of blackberry server. Right now you just tell cingular the username and password for his mail account and it checks it and sends it to his phone. There's no sync in the opposite direction.

Trying to get a couple things working right. We recently started using a Windows small business server. Previously my boss had been using Outlook on his computer and would sync his blackberry. Now that we're using exchange I can't seem to figure out how to get the blackberry to sync with the exchange mailbox. It only syncs with the personal folders file. Any idea how I can get it to sync with the .ost file instead?

Also, any idea how wireless sync works? He's with Cingular, we're not running any sort of blackberry server. Right now you just tell cingular the username and password for his mail account and it checks it and sends it to his phone. There's no sync in the opposite direction.

you need BES for all of the above

man, that's bullshit. oh well. at least it's one less thing i have to mess with right now. we're having enough problems trying to configure the new router. there's a STEEP learning curve once you get out of consumer networking equipment. anyone mess with a cisco 851 before?

all we're trying to do right now is get it to pass vpn connection attempts through to the small business server. we've got it to where user can connect to the vpn (pptp) but there's some weirdness. they can ping the network printers, and they can print, and they can ping and see the sbs, but they can't access either of the other two file servers. can neither ping them not connect to them by servername or by ip.

all we're trying to do right now is get it to pass vpn connection attempts through to the small business server. we've got it to where user can connect to the vpn (pptp) but there's some weirdness. they can ping the network printers, and they can print, and they can ping and see the sbs, but they can't access either of the other two file servers. can neither ping them not connect to them by servername or by ip.

sounds like an ACL problem