FYI Calling all space nerds: Lets build a Dyson sphere

Next let's discuss breeding unicorns!

Already on it, I am a unicorn.

3TtAo.jpg

Is there oil on asteroids?

Maybe in trace amounts, but probably not useful ones. Oil is found in deep deposits created over millions of years, from a theoretical combination of the layering of biological matter and heat from the planet's core. An asteroid would have neither of those processes, and would also not have been ejected from deep enough in the planet's crust to contain existing oil unless the impact was of a planet ending magnitude. I'd say it would have to be an absolutely massive asteroid. Basically a rogue planet.

Maybe in trace amounts, but probably not useful ones. Oil is found in deep deposits created over millions of years, from a theoretical combination of the layering of biological matter and heat from the planet's core. An asteroid would have neither of those processes, and would also not have been ejected from deep enough in the planet's crust to contain existing oil unless the impact was of a planet ending magnitude. I'd say it would have to be an absolutely massive asteroid. Basically a rogue planet.

I was just gonna say "No, you dumbshit."

Jesus put oil into the Earth for us to drive our automocars to church so we could be with him. There is no other scientific explanation for its existence.