calling all computer people to flex their muscles...

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
i got a question for you about remote registry manipulation:

Ok, so say you've got r/w access to the system drive, but you can't intercept any of the system api's, and you can't inject any calls in the system, how would you go about accessing/modifing the registry?

wtf I thought this was a computer question, not a fucking phone talking girl girl question....:rolleyes:

smileynev said:
wtf I thought this was a computer question, not a fucking phone talking girl girl question....:rolleyes:
sorry, let me rephrase then

omg liek, what color should i paint my nails for valentine's day? i know red is like the new black for that occaision, but like, i dunno, maybe it's too cliche and i need the right shade to match the nightie i bought to wear that night? omg hep!

F33nX said:
what if regedit were specifically, um, sequestered so that what we're trying to do can't be done?
what do you mean "sequestered?" You should always be able to go start -> run -> regedit and access it.

fly said:
What if you told us the whole story?
long story short:

admins of another forum (more like a personal website with comments than a forum) are nazis about security, and have locked the server up tighter than theac's, well, you know. trouble is now they want to actually change something in the registry from work, and can't because of the security measures they've taken, and can't seem to "hack" in. i want to help. i figured i'd ask people who actually know what they're doing.

:heart:?

for remote registry
start - run - regedit
File - connect network registry and type in the computers name

For remote services
Right click on my computer, choose manage.
Action - choose connect to another computer and type in that computers name on the network

btw if they went far enough to disable the remote registry service then this wont work.

Last edited:
so i found out the real story after a little prying- their machine is BORKED. the ONLY access they have to this machine is r/w to the drive. can't console in, can't use regedit, can't pull the drive and try it on another equivalent os with regedit. sounds like they're SOL

Last edited: