calling all computer people to flex their muscles...

F33nX said:
so i found out the real story after a little prying- their machine is BORKED. the ONLY access they have to this machine is r/w to the drive. can't console in, can't use regedit, can't pull the drive and try it on another equivalent os with regedit. sounds like their sol.

hahaha.. if they had VNC, then they could do it.

F33nX said:
so i found out the real story after a little prying- their machine is BORKED. the ONLY access they have to this machine is r/w to the drive. can't console in, can't use regedit, can't pull the drive and try it on another equivalent os with regedit. sounds like they're SOL
Maybe not, but they could run a windows repair once they get to the machine.

F33nX said:
what if they could force issue the drive to make the box restart? what could they do from there?
If there is just an executable for VNC, they could just put it in startup. Nevermind that won't help either. I'm assuming this is 2k/xp which means its probably gonna be at the login screen.

Where is this server located?

fly said:
If there is just an executable for VNC, they could just put it in startup. Nevermind that won't help either. I'm assuming this is 2k/xp which means its probably gonna be at the login screen.

Where is this server located?
the way they're making it sound, area 19. i have no idea. however i'm getting yelled at for trying to help. they're calling me stupid:(

SpangeMonkee said:
they should just post the ip on a forum and tell someone to try to hack it. that'll get the box open.
agreed. i think you guys are a hell of a lot smarter than they are and could do it. personally i don't think it can be done if by what they were saying is you can only look at the files and not play with them to the point of making the system restart or something. but whatever, i got yelled at for trying to help. thanks anyways guys :heart: