C3PO's > *

C3PO's >*

Oh man, I had a mega-rich friend in the 2nd grade who was the same way... had every fucking action figure and every fucking ship (including the highly desirable Millennium Falcon, which my parents never got for me). Me? I had that gay-ass orange Cloud City double-pod thing, but no pilots for it. Fucking Mom and Dad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kriegersaurus said:
Oh man, I had a mega-rich friend in the 2nd grade who was the same way... had everything fucking action figure and every fucking ship (including the highly desirable Millennium Falcon, which my parents never got for me). Me? I had that gay-ass orange Cloud City double-pod thing, but no pilots for it. Fucking Mom and Dad.
We got our toys at flea markets man. I think that says it all right there.

zengirl said:
My little cousin had all of the star wars toys, we were always so jealous of him. We'd go to visit and he wouldn't ever let anyone else touch his toys, and he had EVERYTHING. :(

edit: but we weren't ever allowed to eat anything with sugar. Cheerios and wheeties all the way.

I would have boycotted breakfast if it was like that at my house growing up :lol:

C3PO's >*

D, I have a vague recollection of your dad slipping us some whiskey back in the 5th grade (but not in our cereal). Did that really happen, or has hitting 35 brought on some false memories?

Your dad was awesome. All my dad drank was Miller High Life (with salt), and lots of it. Eeeeeeeeeeew!

BigDov said:
I would have boycotted breakfast if it was like that at my house growing up :lol:
We had cream of wheat as well, and the big treat was when we could get the apples and cinnamon oatmeal. Mostly on weekends, my mom cooked breakfast. She'd make bacon and eggs or biscuits and gravy, corn meal mush, pancakes, waffles or that sort of stuff, always from scratch. Soda, candy, or anything sugary wasn't allowed in the house at all.

What did you do when you first left home? Three day sugar binge?

zengirl said:
We had cream of wheat as well, and the big treat was when we could get the apples and cinnamon oatmeal. Mostly on weekends, my mom cooked breakfast. She'd make bacon and eggs or biscuits and gravy, corn meal mush, pancakes, waffles or that sort of stuff, always from scratch. Soda, candy, or anything sugary wasn't allowed in the house at all.

Oooooh, the home cookin'!!!! :drool: Didn't have a whole lot of sweets in the house as I recall either, just the cereal mostly. Or if we didn't get the yummy stuff, I'd pour a few tablespoons of sugar on whatever it was :lol:

Kriegersaurus said:
What did you do when you first left home? Three day sugar binge?
No, I'm not a big sugar person. I prefer salt to sugar anytime. I grew up in the country, it's just how things were done. My siblings and I really didn't know any different so we didn't really feel slighted or anything.

BigDov said:
Oooooh, the home cookin'!!!! :drool: Didn't have a whole lot of sweets in the house as I recall either, just the cereal mostly. Or if we didn't get the yummy stuff, I'd pour a few tablespoons of sugar on whatever it was :lol:
Our biggest treats were the preserves we made ourselves. We had an orchard on our land, and we'd make our own applebutter, apricot preserves and grape jelly. When we would spend a long day in the garden or cleaning out the barn, we'd get rewarded with home made canned apricots.

Kriegersaurus said:
Your dad was awesome. All my dad drank was Miller High Life (with salt), and lots of it. Eeeeeeeeeeew!

A crying shame you missed the time we emptied the liquor cabinet then sat in the hot tub for a couple hours........ we were FUCKED UP! :D

Zengirl, weren't you a character on Little House On The Prairie...?

D, that sig fucking RULES. I was gonna use it myself, but you beat me to it.

zengirl said:
Sometimes I think so. It sure seemed like it. :lol:

I always thought your blind sister Mary was totally hot, by the way. :drool:

BigDov said:
That dipshit may be gone, but he won't soon be forgotten :)

I :heart: fuggin' morons like him/her/it. Makes me feel all tingly.

Kriegersaurus said:
I always thought your blind sister Mary was totally hot, by the way. :drool:
We weren't really allowed to watch much tv when I was a kid either. Little house and The Cosby Show, Knight Rider and V were like the only shows I remember watching as a kid. We weren't allowed to play indoors during the daytime either, and we had a wood burning furnace, so in the winter time we hauled wood everday. It's funny listening to how suburban kids grew up.

zengirl said:
We weren't really allowed to watch much tv when I was a kid either. Little house and The Cosby Show, Knight Rider and V were like the only shows I remember watching as a kid. We weren't allowed to play indoors during the daytime either, and we had a wood burning furnace, so in the winter time we hauled wood everday. It's funny listening to how suburban kids grew up.

Knight Rider? Oooh! David Hasselhoff can arse me any ol' day of the fucking week! :p

Seriously though, my show of choice back in those days was The Incredible Hulk, after which came The Greatest American Hero.