WTF Bye Bye ADTHE.Net...

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,350
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/02/us-customs-begins-pre-super-bowl-mole-whacking.ars

So, as to not spoil revenue for the stations and such carrying the super bowl, US Customs (... why, I dunno. Lame. It's all homeland securifuck anyway) ADTHE.net is no more. It's now got the same takedown not of many torrent sites as of late.

Yay government.

At least when the Bucs get blacked out, I got seats.

Lame though. Internet policing? good, bad, worse than seeing Chyna from the WWF naked?

looks like ADTHE.ME is now the go to domain.

Last edited:
And frankly unanticipated, was the collateral impact of this enforcement action. According to industry analysis, 81 other sites that had been offering pirated material voluntarily shut themselves down. In my many years in law enforcement, I have not seen that type of deterrence. Indeed, we were advised that seizing these domain names would be the proverbial Whac-a-Mole game with new ones popping up faster than we could obtain court orders. That did not occur and while two of the original domain names seized did reemerge in another form, the vast majority did not and two months ago, we seized one ofthe two that had been resurrected and was offering pirated movies again. It has not reemerged since.

lol, ignorant toolbag.

The only times I use that is when the sports event I want to watch isn't being aired where I live. How is that bad? And they still have the commercials on so it's not like you missing that revenue.

All I said was, I only use it for games in which I have no other means of watching. You mentioned the written consent rule. I simply stated the written consent rule applies to talking about the game too.

This telecast is copyrighted by the NFL for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this telecast or any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the game without the NFL's consent is prohibited

All I said was, I only use it for games in which I have no other means of watching. You mentioned the written consent rule. I simply stated the written consent rule applies to talking about the game too.

yes, I'm aware. rebroadcasting is their main concern.

Rumor is that someone who uses already.be got busted by the FBI and the person who runs the tracker got scared and shut it down. Honestly I could care less. They banned my account years ago for some unknown reason and wouldn't restore it. I had a good ratio too. I have a couple of friends who still had accounts there until the latest closure. I'm sure it will come back online under a new name and new management. Whack-a-mole continues.