by Thehacker /Turkish Hacker Fisk israel no war

inphosys said:
Just to add insult to injury ... :fly:

UF_Hacked.jpg

CHMOD 777

So what exactly is the cause of the hack? Does someone just run a script against the httpd service and gain access to the root of the site? Or is it something in the vBulletin forum software that's being exploited?

I personally like dreamhost, they're really quick with answering any of my requests, they toss gigs more free space at me every month (I think I have over 300 gigs of space now), and my monthly throughput is something insane like 2.4 TB! The only thing that I severely dislike is their e-mail hosting ... but it doesn't really bother me that much since all of my e-mail is sent to my own personal Msft Exchange server on someone else's T1. :p

Do you need somewhere else to host it? I'll let you have space on my dreamhost account to try it out and figure out if you like it there. (I'm not even using 1/100 of what they give me)

Regards,
Brad
My Dreamhost account is slow as hell. We will be changing hosts soon, I'm just not sure where.

fly said:
My Dreamhost account is slow as hell. We will be changing hosts soon, I'm just not sure where.

Have you told the guys at dreamhost? I had a problem for about 5 days ... e-mailed them, they fixed it and tossed another 10 gigs of space my way for the inconvenience. :rolleyes:

Give it a shot.

BeeRad, what the hell is a CEO of operations? Is that like a COO? You need to laugh at whoever gave that to you.

theacoustician said:
made to own quote

At least he sent something to you about it. When it happened to sun a few weeks ago he didn't send shit. I didn't realize my site was hit until like a week later and since there was no mail I cleared it all and started over from scratch. I didn't know what really happened until after I did all of that. Then I saw it happened on another server and his response was "there was nothing I could do about it" made me very wary of them. I just signed up for six months at mochahost and making plans on moving stuff over as we speak.

inphosys said:
Have you told the guys at dreamhost? I had a problem for about 5 days ... e-mailed them, they fixed it and tossed another 10 gigs of space my way for the inconvenience. :rolleyes:

Give it a shot.

Thats the thing. you hear of too many issues. I also dont like how Comcast keeps on blacklisting them as I use comcast. Yes I would have gotten more for the money but I dont think that would be best for what I want to do.

Ryokurin said:
At least he sent something to you about it. When it happened to sun a few weeks ago he didn't send shit. I didn't realize my site was hit until like a week later and since there was no mail I cleared it all and started over from scratch. I didn't know what really happened until after I did all of that. Then I saw it happened on another server and his response was "there was nothing I could do about it" made me very wary of them. I just signed up for six months at mochahost and making plans on moving stuff over as we speak.
Please let me know how things work out for you.

I say some of us should take a roadtrip to where he is hiding and try to get the servers he has hidden in his trunk before mix has a chance to return to Australia

thrawn said:
I say some of us should take a roadtrip to where he is hiding and try to get the servers he has hidden in his trunk before mix has a chance to return to Australia

road trip! *glee*

oh, wait. i'd have to go through canada first. eff that.

InfluX said:
road trip! *glee*

oh, wait. i'd have to go through canada first. eff that.

To go anywhere in Canada, you just follow the only road.
There's only one road in Canada. We call it the Road, the only road.
Hip-hip, hooray, let's hear it for our Road.
And it's paved and wide and up to code.
All right dude, let's get the hell out of here!
Word!
You're off to see the Prime Minister, the Prime Minister of Canada!
Good-bye, friends! Good luck with the new Prime Minister! And remember to watch out for Scott! He's a dick!

Fat Burger said:
Damn, I've been telling people from the beginning that Made2Own wasn't that great a host. Nobody listened to me about amdmachine, now nobody listens to me about Mix :fly:

EDIT:
moose is the man
I know that moose is a security FREAK, so you may be on to something. This place was origianlly hosted by him, but I had an issue and left. Mebbe I should talk to him again.

fly said:
I know that moose is a security FREAK, so you may be on to something. This place was origianlly hosted by him, but I had an issue and left. Mebbe I should talk to him again.
He's a really great guy IRL.