Business or Personal

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
I am what has been dubbed a "Data Architect/Administrator" where I work. My job is sort of like a morph between a programmer, data analyst, statistician, systems analyst, and report guy. No similar job has ever existed at this place of business (if you want to call it that) before I started working there in 2003.

Due to the nature of my job, I am constantly building and serving reports for decision and executive support. Because of this, all the clerks who enter data and are responsible for transactions management are suddenly getting railed on by management for doing it wrong for so many years. They were told to basically fix it and keep it right or find a new job. Strangly the same week as this meeting I have a huge key mark down the side of my car. Earlier this year after a similar meeting I had a huge dent/paint chip in the door of my car, and even earlier last year somebody hit my car in the parking lot and left without leaving a note (big suprise).

My question is: does anybody else have coworkers who seem to take issues in the workplace personally to the point that they feel the need to inflict damage such as this? If so, how do you deal with it???

I am scared to buy a new car while I work there, who knows what might happen. I fear my poor 1996 S-10 is on it's last legs and I would hate to have to replace it with a junker just so I don't have to worry about it all day :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit. I've never known anyone to care about work so much. Now, fuck with my football or beating women on the weekend and you'd find your car in the river. but not work, thats just fucking dumb.

are you sure it's happening at work?

that's fucked up if it is. if someone is that serious about work, they need medication and/or therapy

Valve1138 said:
It's most likely one douchebag who is doing this.

I'd set up a surveilance camera and nail the cocksucker.

then sue him for emotional distress and make him pay for the new car.

I have a good hunch as to who the douchebag is but how do you prove that somebody keyed your car short of catching them in the act with video or otherwise. I can't exactly set up surveilance on the offie parking lot.

Maybe I should just think about it like it's a performance eval system...the more damage that is inflicted on my car, the more shit I must be getting fixed in the databases. :mad: Makes me want to take a bat and just start bashing windshields.

That last sentence almost sounds hypocritical :D

Last edited:
thrawn said:
are you sure it's happening at work?

I'm positive, if it wasn't dark right now i'd take a pic of the damage with my digicam and post it. Big key scratch about 1.5 feet long right across the gas cap cover... I couldn't miss it even as absentminded as I am. It wasn't there when I parked in the morning.

Wow you work with a freak - I would definately file a complaint with HR.

BTW - what RDBMS do you work with?

if your pretty sure who did the damage, exact revenge. make sure you hit him back 5 times as hard. he will have a pretty good idea who did it but won't be able to do anything about it, and you will have a lot of fun :pandora:

i recommend paint thinners, but using your imagination is half the enjoyment hehe

Drool-Boy said:
Crap in his gastank.

even with the poop ready prepared surely this is too time consuming as he as to get through the cap (mine has a lock and is opened from inside the car)

instead try collecting a few days poop in a plastic bag, and then paint it (large brush preferable) onto his door handles etc

distortedmind said:
even with the poop ready prepared surely this is too time consuming as he as to get through the cap (mine has a lock and is opened from inside the car)

instead try collecting a few days poop in a plastic bag, and then paint it (large brush preferable) onto his door handles etc

lol the ole "poop on the door handle" bit.
I love it:)

Someone hit my car in the garage last year and left a big dent in it and didn't leave a note or anything. Bastards. Sorry someone is being a dick because you're doing your job.