Burning' Down th' House

I won't touch rare steak, I want my meat cooked. Last time I grilled for SRC I started my steak about 20 minutes before hers. She'd eat it raw. :puke:

Really? I find that sertain steak should only be served rare, med-rare.
On the 3rd, we finally convinced my roommate Josh to try Kobe med-rare. He usually likes his roasted under a flamethrower. He has converted to the med-rare ways!

the steakhouses around here all have the standard "not responsible for well-done steak" disclaimers on the menu. they all recommend medium-rare. freaked me out when i first moved down here, but now i love it.

Really? I find that sertain steak should only be served rare, med-rare.
On the 3rd, we finally convinced my roommate Josh to try Kobe med-rare. He usually likes his roasted under a flamethrower. He has converted to the med-rare ways!

For the most part, I order my steaks medium or medium well at a restaurant. When I am grilling, I sear both sides quickly then cook it over low heat. I know it is supposed to taste better rare but meh, I like my meat cooked.

I won't touch rare steak, I want my meat cooked. Last time I grilled for SRC I started my steak about 20 minutes before hers. She'd eat it raw. :puke:
Cooking rare requires skill, and a very hot grill. You just need to crisp the outside and heat up the center so it is hot all the way through but still bloody. No risk of infection if you do it right. Anyway, that's what irradiated meat is for kekeke

Cooking rare requires skill, and a very hot grill. You just need to crisp the outside and heat up the center so it is hot all the way through but still bloody. No risk of infection if you do it right. Anyway, that's what irradiated meat is for kekeke

You are such a fag.

Luckily, for you, mikey is more of a fag than you in this thread.

You are such a fag.

Half raw meat is gay, vegetables are gay, you just cant win.

Anyway if I had to choose between eating poorly and cooking for myself, I'd always let the women do the work.

You are such a fag.

The fillet sushi we had at St Larrys, I think that was the name, was rather good. It was the first time I had ever eaten any sort of sushi. Up until that night I didn't know beef was used in such a manner and I definitely wouldn't have ordered it if I were browsing the menu alone.

The fillet sushi we had at St Larrys, I think that was the name, was rather good. It was the first time I had ever eaten any sort of sushi. Up until that night I didn't know beef was used in such a manner and I definitely wouldn't have ordered it if I were browsing the menu alone.

Mmmmm yes....... I know there's a restaurant around here somewhere that serves that. Good stuff.

Let's do a sushi night in Tampa sometime. Fly and I aren't the hugest fans, but its been long enough that I'm ready for more.

A couple of the Japanese sushi joints 'round here have raw Kobe on the menu, good stuff.

Quite a few Italian places here have beef Carpaccio - pounded thin of course.

Possibly the best raw beef I've had was steak tartare from fresh Highland cattle in Scotland *swoon*