bunch a fogeys, really.

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
I think the whole "immigration problem" is just a lot of aging baby boomers hollering "get off my lawn".

The age of baby boomers has changed the US since they first started popping out several decades ago. When they were in their late teens, early twenties (the 60's) it was all drugs, parties and free love. In the 80's they settled down (mostly) and got real jobs, so it was all about that. Now they're all old and pissy so the country has gone uber conservative.

Please stay tuned for a return to normalcy in another couple decades.

I think you're oversimplifying things, hopefully for the sake of humor.

While it really is a pain in the ass when a family of illegals move into my neighborhood and 18 of them are living in a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom house, with 6 beat up cars parked in their driveway and in the street, that really isn't the issue so much as the fact that I've personally encountered illegals who have purchased false SSNs, married to stay in country, and all the while have raped and pillaged the government aid system.

I tend to take issue with that actually, and not just because they're funking up my petunias.

I think the whole "immigration problem" is just a lot of aging baby boomers hollering "get off my lawn".
Your first mistake is calling it the "immigration problem" rather than what it truly is: the ILLEGAL immigration problem.
The age of baby boomers has changed the US since they first started popping out several decades ago. When they were in their late teens, early twenties (the 60's) it was all drugs, parties and free love. In the 80's they settled down (mostly) and got real jobs, so it was all about that. Now they're all old and pissy so the country has gone uber conservative.

Please stay tuned for a return to normalcy in another couple decades.

If we continue to allow illegals to enter the country without repercussion and grant amnesty to those that have already broken the law then the last thing you will see is normalcy.

I don't have an issue with immigration, I have an issue with illegal immigration... because what this country REALLY NEEDS is more criminals. Really. We do. I'm serios.

I've become a conservative on this issue I think. Build a wall. Shoot them if they try to come in. Kick them out if they are already here. I'm sick of being abused for my good will. It's like letting a friend crash on your couch and then they never leave, eat all your food, never clean up after themselves, and then bitch about the living conditions.

I've become a conservative on this issue I think. Build a wall. Shoot them if they try to come in. Kick them out if they are already here. I'm sick of being abused for my good will. It's like letting a friend crash on your couch and then they never leave, eat all your food, never clean up after themselves, and then bitch about the living conditions.

Yeah I agree totally.

Not really. And we do sort of need the cheap labor. This wouldn't be as big of a problem if the government let more immigrants come in legally.
good point. that would solve the fact that demand immigrants are currently doing something illegal, and it would reduce the labor shortage.

or complain about the free lunch. :hay:

I think we should return to our somewhat isolationist state of pre 1900 US
we should also confirm much more vigorously who is receiving govt cheese...I don't want people to starve but the abuse has got to be stopped

good point. that would solve the fact that demand immigrants are currently doing something illegal, and it would reduce the labor shortage.

Many of the cheap laborers only come here for the cash, then they turn around and send it back to Mexico, it's not really doing anything for our economy other than allowing certain industries to pay poverty level wages to folks who don't have an avenue through which to complain about it. It also messes up the tax situation and if the government has it's hand in my pocket for every single transaction I make and illegals are getting illegal benefits, then it's like they're stealing directly from me. That irks me.

I agree with eileenbunny, build a wall and shoot the fuckers. Maybe impliment a teen border patrol so the kids who are acquiring all of those bang bang shoot em up skillz can put them to real world practice shooting illegals rather than shooting up their own schools.

nyuk nyuk nyuk