bums

They haven't been able to get a cable or a signal that far into the dark territory. :fly:

37245d9e20000c0d.png

i live about a 5 iron from f'ing tent city.. yall should see this shit in person .. it's like 40 tents.. some people even got "corner lots" with like a porch "out back" made of shipping palettes (sp?).. chairs and stuff set up.. grills.. like a subdivsion..

i have compassion for my fellow man.. but when their habitation of my neighborhood brings the value of my home down, we have a problem..

that's good old gentrification for you though .. my "historical kenwood" neighborhood as well as the house i rented for several years in south tampa were similar in that they were both nice houses, 'good location' .. MY street was nice.. but two streets over is/was the soup kitchen, the day labor, the public health office, the free clothes spot, (the obligatory liquor store), 5 dudes sleeping on the corner, etc..

my opinion is that probably a third are mentally ill, can't cope in normal society.. a third are runaways/victims of abuse escaping a lousy situation with no "work" skills.. and a third are just lazy as fuck.. the st pete times yesterday ran (another) story about the homeless here in the berg, and the dude in the pic sleeping next to his companion, was like "i can't work because of my shoulder".. well, you may not be able to carry bricks, but surely you could manage a whopper and a small fry cuz.. it's bullshit..

the article did point to some , IMO, 'good' reasons for the homeless pop. increase.. the ever-increasing insurance premiums and high taxes of FL have forced landlords to raise their rents, pricing people out of affordable houses.. the number of apts period in pinellas is dwindling as landholders sell their apts to condo builders.. that made sense to me..

plus, hell, where would you prefer to live in the streets? where FG lives or in the sunshine state?

the ever-increasing insurance premiums and high taxes of FL have forced landlords to raise their rents, pricing people out of affordable houses.. the number of apts period in pinellas is dwindling as landholders sell their apts to condo builders.. that made sense to me..

yes, and also take into account the large number of mobile home parks that are being bought by developers and turned into single family subdivisions with houses starting at $400,000

edit: what the hell this thing wont quote properly

Last edited:
yes, and also take into account the large number of mobile home parks that are being bought by developers and turned into single family subdivisions with houses starting at $400,000

edit: what the hell this thing wont quote properly

Your slash is the wrong way.

I live in San Francisco, and the city is pretty much littered with bums, especially around the touristy areas. I can't go to school or work without being asked for change at least seven times on the way. When I first moved here, I did feel bad for them. However, as I kept living here I started realizing that the majority of them (not all, but the majority) are thankless, rude, mean, unkind, and sure as hell would not do shit for you were the situation reversed.

I had some friends who instead of handing out money one day went out and handed out business cards of a place that helps you get on your feet as long as you stay off drugs / alcohol. Most of the responses they got were the cards being thrown right back at them, anger, cursing, and sometimes even the bums spitting at them. I've seen a guy give a bum a meal, and the bum proceeded to throw it out in the nearest trash can.

I, myself, have been threatened by some of them and insulted as well.

The way I see it, I've worked for all of the money that is mine. The only people who have ever helped me were my FAMILY. Not strangers. I don't expect anything from anyone, and I don't owe anyone anything either. I'd help a friend in need, but I won't help some thankless asshole who would otherwise probably make a rude remark if I didn't give him / her the cash.

Sorry if this seems unkind, but I honestly think that those who hand bums money only perpetuate the problem.

I live in San Francisco, and the city is pretty much littered with bums, especially around the touristy areas. I can't go to school or work without being asked for change at least seven times on the way. When I first moved here, I did feel bad for them. However, as I kept living here I started realizing that the majority of them (not all, but the majority) are thankless, rude, mean, unkind, and sure as hell would not do shit for you were the situation reversed.

I had some friends who instead of handing out money one day went out and handed out business cards of a place that helps you get on your feet as long as you stay off drugs / alcohol. Most of the responses they got were the cards being thrown right back at them, anger, cursing, and sometimes even the bums spitting at them. I've seen a guy give a bum a meal, and the bum proceeded to throw it out in the nearest trash can.

I, myself, have been threatened by some of them and insulted as well.

The way I see it, I've worked for all of the money that is mine. The only people who have ever helped me were my FAMILY. Not strangers. I don't expect anything from anyone, and I don't owe anyone anything either. I'd help a friend in need, but I won't help some thankless asshole who would otherwise probably make a rude remark if I didn't give him / her the cash.

Sorry if this seems unkind, but I honestly think that those who hand bums money only perpetuate the problem.

couldn't agree more Sabrina..

i've been to san fran several times.. that damn haight-asbury district is . . uh.. words can't describe.. homeless cats everywhere.. everybody lookin like they just came from a rave.. seen a dude with a beard and his face tattooed like a dog.. certainly not the "corporate" look..

just saw a buddy at the gym who owns about 30/40 rental houses down here in st pete.. started out flipping em and decided to just keep them and be a landlord.. but a lot of houses down south in not so good 'hoods..

told me the city just approached him and wanted him to let some of them move in his homes, was gonna give him/them a 90 day (1800 bucks-ish)/3 months voucher to get in the house.. said he's gone that route before and it never ends well.. lotsa mofos just get in the house.. move all their peoples in .. tear ish up cause they know they're only there 3 mos.. and then he's stuck.. no security deposit or whatever..

i live about a 5 iron from f'ing tent city.. yall should see this shit in person .. it's like 40 tents.. some people even got "corner lots" with like a porch "out back" made of shipping palettes (sp?).. chairs and stuff set up.. grills.. like a subdivsion..

i have compassion for my fellow man.. but when their habitation of my neighborhood brings the value of my home down, we have a problem..

that's good old gentrification for you though .. my "historical kenwood" neighborhood as well as the house i rented for several years in south tampa were similar in that they were both nice houses, 'good location' .. MY street was nice.. but two streets over is/was the soup kitchen, the day labor, the public health office, the free clothes spot, (the obligatory liquor store), 5 dudes sleeping on the corner, etc..

my opinion is that probably a third are mentally ill, can't cope in normal society.. a third are runaways/victims of abuse escaping a lousy situation with no "work" skills.. and a third are just lazy as fuck.. the st pete times yesterday ran (another) story about the homeless here in the berg, and the dude in the pic sleeping next to his companion, was like "i can't work because of my shoulder".. well, you may not be able to carry bricks, but surely you could manage a whopper and a small fry cuz.. it's bullshit..

the article did point to some , IMO, 'good' reasons for the homeless pop. increase.. the ever-increasing insurance premiums and high taxes of FL have forced landlords to raise their rents, pricing people out of affordable houses.. the number of apts period in pinellas is dwindling as landholders sell their apts to condo builders.. that made sense to me..

plus, hell, where would you prefer to live in the streets? where FG lives or in the sunshine state?

Not too long ago, police could stop you and arrest you for vagrancy.

You would have to prove to be a local resident or have enough cash on you to support your stay in that town.

Times have changed.

Homeless, illegals and a traveling criminal class of 'father rapers and mother stabbers' are now a protected group.