bums

You know, I think you really believe that.

There wasn't a TV in my house when I was in high school, although most people had them and watched the Patty Duke show through Bonanza.

But I had a million things do to, people to see and places to go.

People cleaned the streets because it was a German neighborhood and the front of your house, the street and the entire community was a reflection of self respect.

Having lived in a poor neighbor I know for sure there is no connection between poverty and shitting in the street, or stealing from your neighbor.

I agree, but to a point. The Prussian attitude certainly keeps up appearances, but I think it also leads to early death from heart attacks and an overall suffocating sense of pragmatism. My German relatives are....not the merriest of people.

I never give to bums and I'm definitely not going to stop my car and open my window to hand one of them something, I don't know if they have a weapon or intent of hurting me, I have to take care of myself and my kids.

I've been working in downtown atlanta for 6 years now and I'm well beyond giving them anything...I sometimes give them a smoke but never money anymore...even when I did give money it was rarely anything beyond change or a buck or two

I've given wine money to somebody that was obviously strung out.

It would cost probably the same money to build a treatment center as it would a new jail.

We would rather let people sleep on the street; then, we lock them up when they commit a crime.

I don't have any answers.

But it does appear that something went wrong: parents, society or God.

I don't know.

But I do believe we all get by in some way by the grace of God.

I never give to bums and I'm definitely not going to stop my car and open my window to hand one of them something, I don't know if they have a weapon or intent of hurting me, I have to take care of myself and my kids.

Same. Their lives are used up. I have a kid with a brand new one to worry about.

Yo sum timez when I b slidin in da stoor I picks me up a hot dog and feed dem bums cause yo know I only be 1 step above them and sheet. Know what I be feelin dog?

Germans not merry? Preposterous.

Octoberfest?

Farfegnugen?

Lederhosen?

I've been to Germany and a beerfest.

You haven't lived until you've seen the German men, leaning against their car door in the parking lot, pissing all over the hood of their Benz (restrooms for women only).

I once picked up dbzeag and chim chim from Midway airport and it's such a shitty airport that you have to drive through the ghetto to get to it (never trust a major airport without its own highway exit) so just as we left and hit a stop light a dude came up and started washing my windshield. I told him all I had was some spare change. I told him three times. He said "oh that's ok I'll do it anyways" I again pointed out that all I had was spare change and I actually needed it for the tolls.

When he finished the craptacular job on my windshield he held his hand out for payment and I told him again that all I had was enough change for the toll. He tried to lay a guilt trip on me but I once again repeated what I'd told him. I think I gave him a handful of nickels and pennies and just ran the toll later on but he acted like I was the biggest douche in the world for noy giving him a buck to wash my windshield when I told him I didn't want him to.

I once picked up dbzeag and chim chim from Midway airport and it's such a shitty airport that you have to drive through the ghetto to get to it (never trust a major airport without its own highway exit) so just as we left and hit a stop light a dude came up and started washing my windshield. I told him all I had was some spare change. I told him three times. He said "oh that's ok I'll do it anyways" I again pointed out that all I had was spare change and I actually needed it for the tolls.

When he finished the craptacular job on my windshield he held his hand out for payment and I told him again that all I had was enough change for the toll. He tried to lay a guilt trip on me but I once again repeated what I'd told him. I think I gave him a handful of nickels and pennies and just ran the toll later on but he acted like I was the biggest douche in the world for noy giving him a buck to wash my windshield when I told him I didn't want him to.

Word, people like that thur can ruin it fur the rest of us real playa's. It be hard in dem streetz though so much love for hookin a brudda up.