Build Out of the New Office - Tech Side

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
We are looking at moving into our new office very shortly and instead of waiting another 2 weeks for them to install the T1, we are going another route. We have decided to scrap our old system and go the new, less expensive VOIP way. Plus it saves me the trouble of constantly fixing an old ass broken POS which makes me happy as hell :cool:

To do this type of dialing I will need a computer at each station, which brings me to my question(s)...

I need bare bones basic machines with monitors and some type of warranty. I cannot afford much since the room isnt even producing money yet and I do not have much extra give in the pockets.

Would assuming I could do this for 300 a station be an under estimate? These computers do not need to be brand new, but the monitors do have to be small like 15 max.

Any suggestion would help. I have about 4,000-6,000 dollars I can spend on the build out of the computers. Should I buy parts and build them myself?

Should I call Dell and see what they could do with a multiple purchase order?

Each employee has a small cubicle they will be working from and size is a major priority as they do not have much extra space. On that note I was thinking cheap laptops but I am sure a 300 dollar laptop is asking for trouble.

Please chime in if you know of a cheap pc, no bells and whistles

Last edited:
find a company that sells them off in bulk when they are returned from lease
I'm sure there's someone local to you that does it

http://outlet.dell.com perhaps.

I hear deals can be made talking directly to Dell Reps. I had a friend who needed to purchase a new Dell server for a consulting customer of his. The rep took a $3000 and knocked $800 to $1000 off it somehow. I dunno if their sales reps are paid by commission, but that was a hell of a deal. He was going to buy it online, but clicked on the "receive a phone call from Dell" right before he purchased, just to see what the rep would offer.

there is a 2-3 thousand dollar VOIP phone system you can get, complete with phones and craptastic server, go that route..

Much better, i forget what its called though... uuhhmm i'll try to think of it

there is a 2-3 thousand dollar VOIP phone system you can get, complete with phones and craptastic server, go that route..

Much better, i forget what its called though... uuhhmm i'll try to think of it

Server? Would that act as a dialer?

We are going with the Suntouch I wanna say, or star dial... erg cant remember but ill ask today

They need a computer at every desk though

http://outlet.dell.com perhaps.

I hear deals can be made talking directly to Dell Reps. I had a friend who needed to purchase a new Dell server for a consulting customer of his. The rep took a $3000 and knocked $800 to $1000 off it somehow. I dunno if their sales reps are paid by commission, but that was a hell of a deal. He was going to buy it online, but clicked on the "receive a phone call from Dell" right before he purchased, just to see what the rep would offer.

This is very true... the back office got there full Dell systems for about $350 a piece when they ordered in bulk. We just arent "bulky" enough I dont think, still have to call though