buffing out cd scratches

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
have any of you ever tried doing this with turtle wax, brasso, or toothpaste? i would love to fix some of my minor scratches, but i don't want anything to mess up the player. would using wax or toothpaste do this?

I've used brasso a bunch of times. Seriously dont do it unless they are skipping. The only times I've ever needed it was on a bunch of used CDs so I could rip them.

Apply brasso, polish, wash with dish soap in warm water, PAT dry.

i thought i already explained how to do this?

take some toothpaste and rub from the center out. i've only done it on rentals, i take care of my dvds. but it usually works.

How about just putting it into a GOOD cd-rom and trying to rip it with EAC or somethng similar? That should work, if the scratches are too big, toothpaste aint gonna fix it...

ceiling fly said:
How about just putting it into a GOOD cd-rom and trying to rip it with EAC or somethng similar? That should work, if the scratches are too big, toothpaste aint gonna fix it...
I think EAC is bit beyond her. I've tried a number of times to explain it.

ceiling fly said:

toothpaste may not fix bad ones but it is easier than explaining eac

I have a thing of Mother's Mag & Wheel polish that would prolly work. If it is not ripping properly, we can try it in my machine. But, you may just be talkin' about in your car. I wouldn't know.

BTW FlamingGlory, she's ripped more than 16 gigs of audio from more than 250 CDs. I think she know how to use EAC. Plus, I ran the EAC offset CD and a few other tests and her drive reads quite well for being in an HP laptop.

Thorn Bird said:
mmmmm...lamb....my favorite meat. :drool:

eat all the ewe you want, just make sure you eat the right one. HELL, EAT THEM ALL. It would probably cost less than my legal fees.

Eat, drink, be merry, for tomorrow you are to die.

SpangeMonkee said:
I have a thing of Mother's Mag & Wheel polish that would prolly work. If it is not ripping properly, we can try it in my machine. But, you may just be talkin' about in your car. I wouldn't know.

BTW FlamingGlory, she's ripped more than 16 gigs of audio from more than 250 CDs. I think she know how to use EAC. Plus, I ran the EAC offset CD and a few other tests and her drive reads quite well for being in an HP laptop.
I tried to teach her to use it last november. How am I supposed to know things have changed?

The CD Skip Doctor things work wonders but they scratch really really easily after you run them threw it. I would suggest getting those cd covers after running it threw the skip doctor