Ontopic Buddhism

And there's differences in those views between every single person this board. Being a 'true Buddhist' doesn't mean you give all your clothes away, eat only rice and turn your heating off, it's a gradual growth towards being the best person you can be. And you have to start that process from where you are at the current time. Where Kiki may grasp at material things she may do something else less than the person next to her who doesn' grasp so much. Who cares? There shouldn't be judgement if someone wants to better themselves.

Is it to better herself or lack of something else to do?

Is it to better herself or lack of something else to do?

Who knows? Maybe the former, maybe the latter. Sometimes it pays not to be cynical. If someone I know said 'hey I really wanna be sober and give up heroin' does it pay to say 'tsk yeah right you love getting smacked out you'll never get sober and stay straight'. Same as someone saying they want to be happier and be a better person and people saying 'yeah right, you're such a fickle and materialistic bitch you'll never manage it'.

Part of Buddhism is accepting that every person has the potential to be better.

And there's differences in those views between every single person this board. Being a 'true Buddhist' doesn't mean you give all your clothes away, eat only rice and turn your heating off, it's a gradual growth towards being the best person you can be. And you have to start that process from where you are at the current time. Where Kiki may grasp at material things she may do something else less than the person next to her who doesn' grasp so much. Who cares? There shouldn't be judgement if someone wants to better themselves.

way to secularize that shit!

"i know they teach this but that doesn't really fit into my life style, so what i'm going to believe is THIS, but i'm still going to call myself and claim to be THAT."

i don't hold it against anyone, it's just another prime example of why i think organized religion is a crock of shit and everyone should just have their own beliefs and keep them to themselves.

so you're admitting that your religion isn't much of a religion?

Uh no, what a retarded way to put words in my mouth. Do I think it's silly to be so stubborn as to disagree with science if it proves my religion inaccurate? Yes, I do. Do I think people thousands of years ago were not very scientific in certain places? Yes. Therefore why wouldn't science now disprove things that people took for granted or couldn't explain thousands of years ago?

Makes perfect sense to me to cut your losses and admit when you're wrong (lol irony) instead of being a stubborn mule.

Uh no, what a retarded way to put words in my mouth. Do I think it's silly to be so stubborn as to disagree with science if it proves my religion inaccurate? Yes, I do. Do I think people thousands of years ago were not very scientific in certain places? Yes. Therefore why wouldn't science now disprove things that people took for granted or couldn't explain thousands of years ago?

Makes perfect sense to me to cut your losses and admit when you're wrong (lol irony) instead of being a stubborn mule.
your religion is as outdated as any other but I told you I would call you out on your hypocrisy when you talk shit about other ones that make no more or less sense as yours

your religion is as outdated as any other but I told you I would call you out on your hypocrisy when you talk shit about other ones that make no more or less sense as yours

Keep on ranting and trying to poke holes bro, I really couldn't give a shit. I'll choose what I want to do and how I want to do it, it really has nothing to do with you and it's fairly pitiful that you seem to think it does.