Ontopic Buddhism

edit: to kiki,

no, not you. lot's of other people do. I did a little. not where I didn't go, but where I was trying to figure out how religion fit into my life. I think it's an important part for me now, but there was a time where I thought it wasn't as important. There's lots of people that never 'stray.' but in my experience, I've seen people leave, & then come back.

i look back & it's like the footprints story for me.

This applies to me also. I've been hardcore into being a Buddhist and strayed quite often for a year or so in that I didn't go to my centre or meditate much except occasionally in the evenings. When I stray I talk to my teachers and they tell me not to worry though, I am young and committing to a religion comes when it comes not when it's forced, all my teachers have been drunken idiots in their past, been lost etc. and came back round or found religion. It happens. I'm not a 'bad Buddhist' like I like to term myself, I'm just who I am and I'm not as ready as I would like to be.

You know what...this religion just FITS into my life perfectly.
How I want to live my life and how I want to raise my son. it works for ME.

I read the 1st part of the 8steps to happiness and im hooked. i cant wait for my mom to bring me a copy

ha! a religion tailored to fit your life... how convenient. this is why i think it should be a personal thing and not an organized thing... then everyones religion could just FIT their life perfectly, and we wouldn't have massive churches/synagogues/mosques trying to influence everyone else.

i dont know why everyone gets the shits when religion is brought up.
im not the type of person who would bible thump or chant outside your window...
i believe what i believe... i pray in the privacy of my own home... i could care less what you all worship... god or the devil..thats your issue...not mine

ha! a religion tailored to fit your life... how convenient. this is why i think it should be a personal thing and not an organized thing... then everyones religion could just FIT their life perfectly, and we wouldn't have massive churches/synagogues/mosques trying to influence everyone else.

Good point, that's why I had to disagree with Semper earlier on in this thread: My religion is personal to me, I don't have exact loyalties to one sect or one way of being, one size does not fit all and I find my own way in my religion and take from it what fits with me.

this is funny reading. All the haters. it's interesting to see that people in their 20's & 30's drift away from the church and then drift back later in life. I know a lot of people like this.

ninja please, I rejected the hocus pocus as a teenager. drift back? when I lose the ability to think rationally and want to have imaginary friends again, sure