BSG Season #4

dammit, kiwi, you've done nothing but support my husband's insistence that i would like this show.

Well then watch it. Then we can get all hot and wet thinking about it together.

They should do a star trek/BSG cross over.

Who would win in a bare-knuckle boxing match, Kirk or Adama.
I think Adama would mop the floor with Kirk.

I agree.

I did, but you should probably use the spoiler tags for those who havent.

What do you think that Raider did to Sam? Was he activating something inside him or just scanning him to see he is a cylon? Looks like he was triggering something cause his eyes turned red but was that just to prove they are cylons? Pretty crazy and they retreated right after so I am thinking it might be some kind of tracer. First thoughts were a bomb but that would kinda defeat the purpose of the retreat. Whats your thoughts on a final battle? Will there be people on Earth already?

i've never watched BSG. At this point i'm just gonna wait for the boxed set to be available onli.. er, at blockbuster.

I hate watching shows as they air, now I have to wait an entire week before another episode and of course they leave you HANGING at the end of this one.

I hate watching shows as they air, now I have to wait an entire week before another episode and of course they leave you HANGING at the end of this one.
and the commercials suck too. i'm pleasantly uninformed because i haven't been watching tv for ages.

if anyone has ever watched the original series , I think starbuck was mind wiped by the aliens to lead the fleet into a trap. and that the reason for the whole trap/cycle of same shit diffrent people is that this is the aliens way of culling the humans so that they don't figure out just what a rattrap they are in. aliens wipe the humans. seed a few planets let the story of earth and the gods out. seed a few humans with the idea of cyclons. and watch the hyjinks

FRAK I used uploaderx, now I have to fix all the images

Where was Kara Thrace?

'Cause it sure as frak wasn't here!

Evidence

Exhibit A: Starbuck's testimony

02:40
Starbuck: I've been to Earth.
Apollo: Earth?
Starbuck: Big blue oceans, fluffy white clouds...

18:28
Starbuck: When I came to I was orbiting this planet; its yellow moon and star match the description in Pythia. I took these pictures* in orbit.

*The relevant :pics: will henceforce be known as Exhibit B as seen below.

18:37
Starbuck: The star patterns match what we saw in the Tomb of Athena.

19:14
Starbuck: I remember a giant gas planet with rings. I remember a flashing triple star...and a comet.

Exhibit B: :pics: of the planet she claims is Earf.

earf.jpg

Analysis:

Welcome to Earf? Maybe not. We know that the Viper gun cameras can shoot color photography; we've seen this in Resurrection Ship, Maelstrom and even in this most recent episode. Why would she take these monumental pictures in grayscale? Why does she neglect to bring evidence of her "big blue oceans"? Perhaps she's merely a dingbat (she is blonde).

The moon does not appear that size from Earth orbit. In fact, it looks the same damn size it does from the surface. The moon is a quarter of a million miles away and even geosynchronous orbit is only just over 22 thousand miles up. This leads to one of two possibilites.

1. If she is indeed in orbit of Earth and that really is the moon then she is in orbit of a pre-historic Earth long before our species had ever graced the surface. According to wikipedia (rofl, shut up):

As a result, some of the Earth's rotational momentum is gradually being transferred to the Moon's orbital momentum, and this causes the Moon to slowly recede from Earth at the rate of approximately 38 millimetres per year...
I call on the mathematical expertise of mobiousstrip to calculate how many millions of years ago it would have to be for the moon to appear that size.

There is some evidence to suggest that we are indeed looking at our beloved moon.

luna.jpg

One can almost make out Mare Crisium (yellow) and Mare Tranquillitatis (blue) but the problem is that the relevant lunar oceans are not properly aligned. Even at maximum latitudinal libration we should still be able to see Mare Serenitatis but we simply can't.

luna2.jpg

Moon_names.jpg

So if that is our moon, something's weird.

side note: this is fucking RAD

9.6mb gif of lunar libration

2. That is neither Earth nor Luna. She was never in our solar system at all. Information has either been manipulated or completely fabricated both in her mind and in the Viper's sensor suite. Notice how the image highlighted in the photographic analysis is not the same one shown in the main image? Why is this for, huh?

earf2.jpg

Note that she saw a "giant gas planet with rings". Well, woop-de-frakkin-do. Most people would assume that she's referring to Saturn. The problem with that assumption is the Jupiter also has rings. As does Neptune. In fact, all of the gas giants in our solar system have rings - with Saturn's being the most notable, of course - and it follows that the same would hold true for gas giants in other solar systems. So far the majority of planets discovered in our galaxy have been large, Jovian planets it stands to reason that Starbuck could have easily been looking at a ringed planet in a nearby solar system.

The other problem with her testimony is that she saw "a flashing triple star". Not a rarity; in fact most stars in our galaxy are either binary or trinary systems. Our is a relative anomaly (though some kooky astronomers think we do have a binary system :eek:**).

The issue with her testimony is that even our closest triple-star system, Alpha Centauri, appears as a single point of light and even its status as a trinary system is disputed since Proxima Centuari is a bit more than a short drive from Centauri A and Centuari B. It's unlikely that any other trinary systems would be visible and distinguishable to her with the naked eye as well as highly unlikely that a Viper has a powerful enough telescope to do so and she just happened to point it in the right section of sky.

We know that whatever caused her sudden reappearance also resulted in some sort of manipulation of her memory and we have evidence that her equipment - namely, the Viper itself - was manipulated so it stands to reason that all of her imagery could be completely and utterly fake.

karasM3.jpg

formatCcolon.jpg

There is one thing that should be noted, however. She is not a Cylon. Not only has this been confirmed by the Almighty Ron himself but we have a small piece of evidence that lends credence to the idea that she is not, has never been and is still not a Cylon.

results.jpg

Notice this bit:

blood.jpg

One thing we know is that the Colonial society only has A, B and AB blood. O type blood seems to be a uniquely Cylon occurance. Remember that in Epiphanies the really weird thing about Hera's blood that Cottle couldn't explain was a lack of antigens. This wouldn't be strange to any Earth doctor since nearly half of our population is O-type but for some reason this confounds Cottle.
Granted, the idea of O-type blood being able to cure cancer is absurd and RDM admitted it was a plot device in order to avoid the dreaded technobabble that he despises but the point remains that Hera's lack of antigens is a strange one in Colonial society. This tells us that if Starbuck was a Cylon it's unlikely her blood would be type A, B, or AB. Now why they haven't thought of this as a method of Cylon detection I'll never understand. leright Maybe that's not tobacco Cottle's been smoking.

Next up, analysis of the Baltar = Jesus theory.

gauisHbaltar.jpg

**history channel

Last edited:
Caprica series gets the green light.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3ifff588c2bae9eaffc6505faefe8825e4

Sci Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica" will live on with "Caprica."

At its upfront presentation Tuesday in New York, the cable channel said that it has greenlighted a two-hour back-door pilot for the prequel, which had been in development for two years.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=2&id=50594

SCI FI Channel has given a green light for production to begin on Caprica, a two-hour backdoor pilot and Battlestar Galactica prequel from executive producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. Production is slated to begin in Vancouver, Canada, this spring.

Set 50 years before the events of Battlestar Galactica, Caprica follows two rival families--the Greystones and the Adamas --as they grow, compete and thrive in the vibrant world of the 12 Colonies. Enmeshed in the burgeoning technology of artificial intelligence and robotics that will eventually lead to the creation of the Cylons, the two houses go toe to toe.

"I'm thrilled with the chance to expand on the Galactica world and get deeper into the origins of the story we've been telling," Moore said in a statement. "It's also great to have a chance at doing a completely different kind of science fiction series, one that's even more character-oriented and doesn't rely on pyrotechnics to carry the story."

In his own statement, Eick said: "While Caprica will have its own personality, it will carry on Battlestar's commitment to pushing the boundaries of the genre, and we're thrilled that SCI FI has seen fit to giving us another opportunity to tell character-driven stories in challenging ways."

best of all, casting information!

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/04/03/exclusive-caprica-casting-info-revealed/

[DANIEL GRAYSTONE] In his early 40s, a spectacularly wealthy computer engineer / designer, Daniel is married to Amanda and the father of Zoe -- but his extensive business interests leave him little time for his child, whom he still sees as a little girl in pink shoes. Busy trying to design an intelligent robot, Daniel is devastated when Zoe is killed in a suicide bombing, and has no idea that his daughter had a complex, very secret life. After learning that his own wizardry with computer technology was exceeded by his own child, who found a way to upload her personality into an online avatar, Daniel realizes that with a little stolen technology, and with a little intellectual elbow grease, he can create a robotic version of his dead daughter -- and in doing so, he creates the first Cylon...SERIES REGULAR - SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

As I never followed the original BSG series, I wonder if what Graystone creates is meant to have any resemblance to a human other than being a biped. I can't imagine he'd make his late Zoe look like a Centurion.

[JOSEPH ADAMS] In his 40s, he is a Tauron, an off-worlder who has emigrated to Caprica; his hair is already starting to go iron-grey and his entire demeanor is that of someone who's already put on more miles than most men his age. There's a gravitas to Joseph, an intelligence, and a strong sense of someone you wouldn't want as your enemy. He has risen above the traditional Caprican prejudice against Taurons, and has become a powerful, influential defense attorney, with powerful ties to the Tauron crime underworld. His wife and daughter are killed in the same blast that takes out Zoe, and he bonds with the much-wealthier Daniel in a common grief. A man who has done a few crooked things in his life (largely in order to use his position to protect his fellow Taurons), Joseph reluctantly agrees to assist Daniel in his grief-fueled efforts to create robotic versions of both their children -- but after stealing vital technology from a Tauron computer developer, Joseph is ethically appalled by the robot version of his dead Tamara, and repents his actions. Left with a 9 year old son to care for, Joseph reaches out to young William, revealing to him that his last name is really Adama...SERIES REGULAR - SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES. HOWEVER, PREFER LATINO.
and more! this changes what I thought about cylon origins