Brokers become hackers

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
https://jefferies.bluematrix.com/docs/pdf/31086.pdf

I was hunting around for dissection pics of the iPod Video because I was curious what video decoder it was using. The first one I found was actually in this investment report. I don't think I've ever seen anything exactly like this. I'm not an Apple fan at all, but how powerful is it when people take apart your stuff to make financial analysis on supplying tech companies. If anyone cares, it looks like the LCD is from LG and the battery is from Toshiba (not listed in the report).

spock-fascinating.jpg

CletusJones said:
Obviously, taking the device apart is done for great justice. The report I'm not so sure about.
You've never seen an investment report? Usually they're compiled by brokers from financial statements from the company. This is the first one I've ever seen that is investment advice from a solely technical perspective. They're analyzing gross margin on the Video iPod to determine what kind of revenue Apple would see from it and they're analyzing the parts used to predict profit figures from the component suppliers.

theacoustician said:
You've never seen an investment report? Usually they're compiled by brokers from financial statements from the company. This is the first one I've ever seen that is investment advice from a solely technical perspective. They're analyzing gross margin on the Video iPod to determine what kind of revenue Apple would see from it and they're analyzing the parts used to predict profit figures from the component suppliers.
I've read them before, but never one like this about a device.

CletusJones said:
I've read them before, but never one like this about a device.
That's part of the reason I posted it. I don't think it has ever been done (to my knowledge). Extremely smart in my opinion. You KNOW Apple is going to move some of these things. You KNOW people will buy Apple stock just at the news of the release. This kind of report would tell you if Apple stock is overinflated because of new release hype or truly worth snatching up. It would also give you an idea of the trickle down effect it would have to other companys' bottom line, something most in the market aren't considering.

Gawd I'm a geek - I love technology investment reports *drool*. I remember them from college. semiconductors :drool: