WTF Breaking News: Vatican can prevent autism!!

Re: Breaking News: Vaccinations can prevent autism!!

That's my point. When you're emotional you don't make rational decisions. Your hunches do not matter when weighed against medical research.

All I did was hold off on getting the last leg of his immunizations until I could see some improvement in his development. He caught up on shots at 5. It's not as if I lived in a tent and my child never saw a doctor...

The heck are you going on about? I did not say that I myself diagnosed him. I even mentioned that it's been suspected by his school & he's been observed by the board of autism. I'm not going to repeat my whole post, but the point is I did not diagnose. And until you have a child yourself, you will not understand the degree of angst that can overcome you when you get nervous about something when things "just aren't right" and all you're getting from his doctor is that there's nothing to worry about, here's some meds that might help. AT TWO!

wtf is a board of autism. Unless its made of medical professionals, thats dumb. Very dumb.

Because NO doctors have ever been idiots? Have never been wrong? Have never been SO wrong that they've caused the death of a child?

Yet...they had degrees, we should totally, 100% trust them.
You're making a biiiiiig jump from diagnosing autism to causing a child's death. You recognize that, right?

Except his development had nothing to do with holding off on those vaccines. All you did was increase his risk of getting sick.

wtf is a board of autism. Unless its made of medical professionals, thats dumb. Very dumb.

Yes, it's a board that consists of professionals, educated in observing & diagnosing autism in school age children, while they are in school. Not every member is a medical professional. They can refer out to other psychiatrists if they see necessary. And it was.

You're making a biiiiiig jump from diagnosing autism to causing a child's death. You recognize that, right?

It's all related. A statement that "because this person is a doctor, and they have a degree" does not make them incapable of mistakes.

Yes, it's a board that consists of professionals, educated in observing & diagnosing autism in school age children, while they are in school. Not every member is a medical professional. They can refer out to other psychiatrists if they see necessary. And it was.
Never heard of that. Specific to the DC/Maryland area?

That's my point. When you're emotional you don't make rational decisions. Your hunches do not matter when weighed against medical research.

Which is why you can get multiple opinions. But when the vast, overwhelming majority of the medical community comes to the same conclusion that vaccines are safe, you don't get to question it.

You are far more likely to kill your child by denying him a vaccine than by getting him one.

I disagree.

yeppppppp, that sounds like a bunch of school administrators looking to get extra funding for their schools and payoffs by drug reps.

Schools != capable of diagnosing my childs health.

Never heard of that. Specific to the DC/Maryland area?

Don't know. But, when your child shows signs of any struggle, they call in many different people, to put it in laymen's terms.
My son excels in grade levels above him, but they won't move him on until there is some sort of diagnosis made on him...

It's all related. A statement that "because this person is a doctor, and they have a degree" does not make them incapable of mistakes.
It's not related though.
No one said that those doctors were incapable of making mistakes, and if they do make a mistake... then they misdiagnosed a child with the wrong level of Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Misdiagnosing someone with ASD is not a serious deal, it can easily be rectified.

yeppppppp, that sounds like a bunch of school administrators looking to get extra funding for their schools and payoffs by drug reps.

Schools != capable of diagnosing my childs health.

It's ridiculous, I agree. I've been fighting with this school district since last year.

It's not related though.
No one said that those doctors were incapable of making mistakes, and if they do make a mistake... then they misdiagnosed a child with the wrong level of Autism Spectrum Disorder.

Misdiagnosing someone with ASD is not a serious deal, it can easily be rectified.

...Again, I was not replying specifically to the point of Autism, but to the "degree=God status" comment...

Don't know. But, when your child shows signs of any struggle, they call in many different people, to put it in laymen's terms.
My son excels in grade levels above him, but they won't move him on until there is some sort of diagnosis made on him...

why the hell should a school have any say whatsoever or make any decisions based upon your childs medical diagnoses or lack thereof.

It's not related though.

i dunno dude, doesnt that shit go on your permanent record?

Sounds like someone's fucking with you. :-/
Florida isn't the best when it comes to schools, but I know they won't hold back a child because of a medical diagnosis if that child is excelling.

...Again, I was not replying specifically to the point of Autism, but to the "degree=God status" comment...
Then why are you continuing this line of argument? We aren't talking about Doctor God, we are talking specifically about doctors and ASD diagnosis.

why the hell should a school have any say whatsoever or make any decisions based upon your childs medical diagnoses or lack thereof.

"Policy" It's a huge load of bullshit. Even though he's been to another doctor, and she has provided a diagnosis, of sort, they won't move him, because "it's beyond what they are funded to handle." Then, this year, another teacher harassed me all of the time, calling me all day, emailing me...then after he's been to the doctor, what the doctor says isn't good enough, so they want to know when he will be on medication. Since he wasn't and since the doctor didn't agree just yet, they made him transfer to another school.