WTF Breaking News: Vatican can prevent autism!!

Re: Breaking News: Vaccinations can prevent autism!!

There are dozens of factors that increase the risk of autism, I think the biggest one currently is the age of the father.

There is NO relation between autism and vaccinations, that has been proven empirically.

Well no, that hasn't be proven empirically. So far nothing has been found. But then, I trust those doing the research about as much as I trust random people from the internet. Anywhere the is big money being made, you will find deception.

I think both sides of this argument are not reading into the other side of the argument at all and are thus blindly defending their own side no matter what.

Ive read into it. It is what my gf does on a daily basis. She has read into it even deeper than I.

It is largely a problem with mis-diagnosis.

"Medical Professionals" here in the US are ruled by the BigPharmaUSA Companies. They have no decision or input into the matters of vaccinations! The "research" is derived from various college research labs. Since, you or anyone else so far, cannot determine the "source" of Autism or any other disorder on the rise, I remain on the fence.
Also, I do not trust the FDA, simply because of their direct correlation to BigPharmaCoUSA.

Medical professionals are not ruled by pharmaceutical companies. They have complete and utter control regarding who takes or needs what kind of medicine, and whether it would even help with a particular condition. There are entire hospitals ("college research labs" as you have just very generically labeled them) staffed by brilliant medical minds who do nothing but clinical research. All day, every day, year after year. These are some of the most accomplished and intelligent people on earth. And this is what they do for a living. And where new doctors are trained. You have a strange, almost boilerplate view of the medical field, but it's completely inaccurate. And new vaccines and treatments are being discovered daily thanks to those mere college students and professors. Medical schools aren't "colleges," they are the ground floor of medical expertise in the modern world. They are research hospitals. Hospitals, not colleges.

Last edited:

Medical professionals are not ruled by pharmaceutical companies. They have complete and utter control regarding who takes or needs what kind of medicine, and whether it would even help with a particular condition. There are entire hospitals ("college research labs" as you have just very generically labeled them) staffed by brilliant medical minds who do nothing but clinical research. All day, every day, year after year. These are some of the most accomplished and intelligent people on earth. And this is what they do for a living. And where new doctors are trained. You have a strange, almost boilerplate view of the medical field, but it's completely inaccurate. And new vaccines and treatments are being discovered daily thanks to those mere college students and professors. Medical schools aren't "colleges," they are the ground floor of medical expertise in the modern world. They are research hospitals. Hospitals, not colleges.

Gee, I wonder where those places get their funding. I'm sure it's all from the NIH, so nothing could be wrong with the research.

"Medical Professionals" here in the US are ruled by the BigPharmaUSA Companies. They have no decision or input into the matters of vaccinations! The "research" is derived from various college research labs. Since, you or anyone else so far, cannot determine the "source" of Autism or any other disorder on the rise, I remain on the fence.
Also, I do not trust the FDA, simply because of their direct correlation to BigPharmaCoUSA.

I cant determine the source of gravity, does that mean it doesnt exist?

I would blame plastics, teflon, and industrial chemicals which we ingest all day every day before I ever blame something as important as a vaccine. That's all I'm saying. Doctors aren't perfect, but parents are notoriously misinformed and dangerous to their own kids. I can tell you from first hand experience that the number one cause of stress in a doctor's life is a patient or parent of a patient who refuses to take their advice, and causes unnecessary complications and harm because of it. Oh, and then blames the doctor for their idiocy.

Gee, I wonder where those places get their funding. I'm sure it's all from the NIH, so nothing could be wrong with the research.

It comes from all over the place. Where does your business get its funding? Strictly from the public sector? No? Does that mean you're a biased, incompetent asshole?

It comes from all over the place. Where does your business get its funding? Strictly from the public sector? No? Does that mean you're a biased, incompetent asshole?

No, but it does mean that AstraZeneca funding your research into their drug might influence you, so that the medial research program at your college can continue. And besides, they just never publish research that doesn't show their drug in a positive light.

If you'd like some light reading regarding your pollyanna look at the research industry, Overdo$ing America is a great book on the topic.

My kid died from pertussis, but at least he wasn't autistic. I mean, I don't think he was. He did eat crayons once, though. And he got mad when he couldn't immediately figure out how to tie his shoes. And he often got impatient when I told him what to do...

No, but it does mean that AstraZeneca funding your research into their drug might influence you, so that the medial research program at your college can continue. And besides, they just never publish research that doesn't show their drug in a positive light.

If you'd like some light reading regarding your pollyanna look at the research industry, Overdo$ing America is a great book on the topic.

Enron fleeced its employees, which means that anyone who trusts an employer investment program has a Pollyanna view of America. Got it.

Fucking idiots abound. Autism rant time.

- Autism exists.
- Autism isn't caused by the flu, or caused by childhood vaccinations. I can't prove it, but I'm 99% convinced it's genetic - and your genes are set at the moment you're conceived.
- Autism isn't caused by lazy parents. Parents who don't understand the different requirements of an autistic child and aren't willing to put in the work can delay their development, however.
- Autism isn't this horrible terrible disease that turns your kid into some kind of "retarded monster" and should be cured at all costs.

I was diagnosed with autism when I was a kid. I was hyperactive, antisocial, uncommunicative, obsessive over things, completely ignorant in school towards subjects I didn't care about. I'd flip out if people touched me. Of all the typical symptoms of childhood autism, you could check a box next to every one of them. As time went on I was "re-diagnosed" with high functioning autism, ADD/ADHD, aspergers and other things, but I don't really care what I've got anymore - pinpointing where a person lies on the autistic spectrum is a highly subjective science, and at the end of the day it's just a descriptive word, not a specific diagnosis that can put me on a better path in life or anything.

Ultimately I turned out fine. I had smart parents who realized what was going on, let me do what I wanted (within reason) and guided me in good directions. I became an engineer, a career where having the ability to think visually and work with a lot of information at once makes me better at my job. And somehow I found a woman that puts up with it - it probably helps that she has an autistic nephew and knows some of the challenges involved in living with someone like me, taking me out in public etc. I'm still a complete social dumbass, 90% of my social contact with others is behind a keyboard. But overall I'm content.

If I had different parents, I have no clue where I'd be - probably working dead end jobs and getting fired for sperging out.

It fucking pisses me off when I encounter autistic children whose parents think they're some sort of hyperactive hell spawn, and do little else other than yell at them when they're doing something they shouldn't be. Most of the effort their parents spend on the subject is reading up on the latest suspected "autism cure", and they feel victimized by the situation they're in - meanwhile the kid's pretty much bored to death, feeling alone/rejected and not going anywhere in their life. And I fear where that kid will ultimately end up.

Anyway I've got relatives with autism, I've worked with a number of autistic children, and I'm fairly well read on the subject. Feel free to ask any questions.

My kid died from pertussis, but at least he wasn't autistic. I mean, I don't think he was. He did eat crayons once, though. And he got mad when he couldn't immediately figure out how to tie his shoes. And he often got impatient when I told him what to do...

Uh...what?

Gotta love UF serious discussion time. Not one person is posting links to back up anything they are saying. No one is really saying anything anyway. People who are for vaccinations are posting walls of text. You don't need to post that much text. You simple post, "Shit ain't real until you prove otherwise", and walk away.

You all are retarded.

Fucking idiots abound. Autism rant time.

- Autism exists.
- Autism isn't caused by the flu, or caused by childhood vaccinations. I can't prove it, but I'm 99% convinced it's genetic - and your genes are set at the moment you're conceived.
- Autism isn't caused by lazy parents. Parents who don't understand the different requirements of an autistic child and aren't willing to put in the work can delay their development, however.
- Autism isn't this horrible terrible disease that turns your kid into some kind of "retarded monster" and should be cured at all costs.

I was diagnosed with autism when I was a kid. I was hyperactive, antisocial, uncommunicative, obsessive over things, completely ignorant in school towards subjects I didn't care about. I'd flip out if people touched me. Of all the typical symptoms of childhood autism, you could check a box next to every one of them. As time went on I was "re-diagnosed" with high functioning autism, ADD/ADHD, aspergers and other things, but I don't really care what I've got anymore - pinpointing where a person lies on the autistic spectrum is a highly subjective science, and at the end of the day it's just a descriptive word, not a specific diagnosis that can put me on a better path in life or anything.

Ultimately I turned out fine. I had smart parents who realized what was going on, let me do what I wanted (within reason) and guided me in good directions. I became an engineer, a career where having the ability to think visually and work with a lot of information at once makes me better at my job. And somehow I found a woman that puts up with it - it probably helps that she has an autistic nephew and knows some of the challenges involved in living with someone like me, taking me out in public etc. I'm still a complete social dumbass, 90% of my social contact with others is behind a keyboard. But overall I'm content.

If I had different parents, I have no clue where I'd be - probably working dead end jobs and getting fired for sperging out.

It fucking pisses me off when I encounter autistic children whose parents think they're some sort of hyperactive hell spawn, and do little else other than yell at them when they're doing something they shouldn't be. Most of the effort their parents spend on the subject is reading up on the latest suspected "autism cure", and they feel victimized by the situation they're in - meanwhile the kid's pretty much bored to death, feeling alone/rejected and not going anywhere in their life. And I fear where that kid will ultimately end up.

Anyway I've got relatives with autism, I've worked with a number of autistic children, and I'm fairly well read on the subject. Feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you. 10/10 post