WTF Breaking News: Vatican can prevent autism!!

Re: Breaking News: Vaccinations can prevent autism!!

ok, think about vig. In one single instance, at one point in his life, he got diagnosed with a cold allergy. He had it reevaluated a half dozen times, and "undone", and yet the fact that he was ever diagnosed with it has screwed him for life.

Ive had to answer any number of questions for my job, that would get me either not hired, or fired that are things like "have you ever had any psychological diagnosis", "have you ever been on any meds for XXXX (and XXXX includes things like adhd and autistic spectrum disorders)"

"Policy" It's a huge load of bullshit. Even though he's been to another doctor, and she has provided a diagnosis, of sort, they won't move him, because "it's beyond what they are funded to handle." Then, this year, another teacher harassed me all of the time, calling me all day, emailing me...then after he's been to the doctor, what the doctor says isn't good enough, so they want to know when he will be on medication. Since he wasn't and since the doctor didn't agree just yet, they made him transfer to another school.

fuck. that. shit.

id tell that teacher right where to stick it.

ok, think about vig. In one single instance, at one point in his life, he got diagnosed with a cold allergy. He had it reevaluated a half dozen times, and "undone", and yet the fact that he was ever diagnosed with it has screwed him for life.

Ive had to answer any number of questions for my job, that would get me either not hired, or fired that are things like "have you ever had any psychological diagnosis", "have you ever been on any meds for XXXX (and XXXX includes things like adhd and autistic spectrum disorders)"
Wat

No, seriously dude, ASD is a disability, they have laws against discriminating against people with disabilities.

Wat

No, seriously dude, ASD is a disability, they have laws against discriminating against people with disabilities.

I guess i have a different experience than most, i've waived a lot of my rights.

fuck. that. shit.

id tell that teacher right where to stick it.

And where is my son going to go to school then? Private school is no better, as they have the same mandate to "follow" We've looked into it.
I could home school, but why should I have to make that choice? At this point already, they have made him transfer. TWICE, because I didn't agree to medicate him. The first time, he was 6. Now, he's just turned 8.

Oh, btw, I have not made it easy for them, but in return, it's not been easy for me, either.

And where is my son going to go to school then? Private school is no better, as they have the same mandate to "follow" We've looked into it.
I could home school, but why should I have to make that choice? At this point already, they have made him transfer. TWICE, because I didn't agree to medicate him. The first time, he was 6. Now, he's just turned 8.

forcing your kids to go on medicine is fucking wrong. How do schools have that kind of power.

That doesn't sound right. Part of what you pay taxes for is schooling, I don't understand how they can deny him that.

Also, as I said, there is no medication for ASD.

There are medications that can change behaviors slightly, but the thing about behavior is that it will always change
Key words here. My son is not fully diagnosed with possible Asperger's until he sees a psychiatrist. Even then, what if I have to see another? He does have ADHD, but the anger part is from elsewhere, and it's not a normal level of anger. And it's not constant, either. It's sudden and very loud. But when it happens, it's terrifying because even he doesn't understand. It's very tough. And it's been happening since he was...two.
Edit: and the doctors he has seen have not been able to prescribe meds to him for the ADHD, simply because of the latter, as it may make this part worse...

I can't even begin to explain the level of difficulty it is to get a child to a child psychiatrist in this area. Even his own doctor told me it's very, very hard because most of the population of child psychiatrists have retired, and there haven't been many new ones in the area. This is a 50 mile radius, btw. It's incredibly weakening, and i'm not even scratching the surface of what we've been thru with schools, doctors, policies, boards of this and that in this area.

Last edited:

That doesn't sound right. Part of what you pay taxes for is schooling, I don't understand how they can deny him that.

They can stick whatever they want in their "policy" books, pretty much, so long as it's not discriminating against race, religion, or sex...

I fight them tooth and nail and have gone thru all resources, but in the end...my son has to go to school somewhere.

forcing your kids to go on medicine is fucking wrong. How do schools have that kind of power.

They put it in a way that "it will keep him under control" as if he is 100% of the time being difficult, which he isn't "A diagnosis does not equal control" is what I have gotten.

Why are you going to psychiatrists for Aspergers? Hit up Behavior Analysts.

You want someone in Applied Behavior Analysis, with a BCBA (although the daily work will likely be handled via a BCaBA)

Why are you going to psychiatrists for Aspergers? Hit up Behavior Analysts.

You want someone in Applied Behavior Analysis, with a BCBA (although the daily work will likely be handled via a BCaBA)

He hasn't seen a psych yet. He has seen Behavior Analysts. I have gotten referred out, twice within the past year. And now, I am at a loss because I have exhausted this shit ass list I was provided, of doctors within my network. As I said, these doctors already told me that it would be difficult if almost impossible to find a psych, and/or another behavior analyst in the area within say, 50 miles. Then, even if I find one that is taking new patients, isn't scheduled 8 months out, my insurance won't cover beyond 50 miles for child behavioral services.

That's the final response I get from people. I have to just keep searching. This child isn't getting proper help. He's in another school now. This school has a smaller classroom size, (because THAT was the problem in the first place! <sarcasm>), and they do have psychologists at the school does sessions with him. He seems to be doing slightly better at this school, and that's all they want, of course. Put up and shut up. He is however, bored and that saddens me.