Breaking new ground...

Drool-Boy said:
Ima firm believer in the whole living together before getting married thing.
And besides, on your honeymoon is the wrong time to find out your mate can only be turned on by having you squat on a coffee table while wearing a grass skirt.
yup

sizzlinggrace said:
questions?

Here they are...

- Is there anything that she doesn’t understand about me?
- What is her idea of a committed relationship?
- Do I intimidate her in any way?
- Is there anything I can do to help her feel more emotionally secure?
- What does it take to experience a fully committed relationship with her?
- What does she REALLY mean by her generalized statements concerning us?
- What does she expect to offer me that no other woman can?
- Where do I stand in her life so that I can know whether or not I should stay or leave?
- How serious about marriage is she?
- What is her definition of commitment?
- What direction are we moving in so that I know I’m not wasting my time?
- What are her fears in a relationship?
- Where do I stand in her heart and does she really even know? Seriously?
- Does she feel any shame in the fact that we are dating?
- How does she feel about our level of communication?
- Do I give her enough emotional space? Enough Mental space? Enough Physical space?
-Is she sure that I am the one that God has placed in her life?

Last edited by a moderator:
Drool-Boy said:
that one too
I dated a girl with real Ds one time, they are super extra fucking soft, I dunno, I'll take a regular C over a D - it's just too much soft bag to handle

elpmis said:
you're 28, so I'm sure you know all about the whole "honeymoon" phase in a relationship - don't you think it might be smart to let the relationship go its normal course for a bit, maybe spend a few months (or years) living together to see what's up?

I'm not trying to be negative because that's what people do online, you sound like a nice guy and I just don't want a fellow dude to have any troubles with anything

ya know?

Thank you so much dude. Believe me, i'm all for that too but because of my religious choices I no longer have that option. Born again christian now so I have no option but to trust in God that she is not some post op transvestite or undercover tubgirl.

Detman101 said:
Here they are...

- Where do I stand in her life so that I can know whether or not I should stay or leave?
- Do I give her enough emotional space? Enough Mental space? Enough Physical space?
look bro, you're gonna get burned here - you don't throw questions like that all at once to a girlfriend in test format, it's a huge turnoff and it looks like you don't trust her.

now, should all of these questions be answered by her? YES! But IN TIME.

that's why it's important to just be boyfriend and girlfriend for awhile so IN TIME these questions are answered not by just "yes or no" answers, but by her actions. that way you know IT'S FOR REAL and you can trust the answers

Detman101 said:
Thank you so much dude. Believe me, i'm all for that too but because of my religious choices I no longer have that option. Born again christian now so I have no option but to trust in God that she is not some post op transvestite or undercover tubgirl.
being a born again christian is great, but there are millions of christians who lived with someone before they married them.

what you're talking about is pure fundamental christianity, and that's not so much spiritual faith in God as it is just being constrained by the strict rules and bounds of religion.

Jesus never once said "you shouldn't live with your girlfriend before you pop the question"

Detman101 said:
Here they are...

-Is she sure that I am the one that God has placed in her life?

You should know the answers to most of these questions either because she's told you in a small way or you just have a gut feeling.

elpmis said:
look bro, you're gonna get burned here - you don't throw questions like that all at once to a girlfriend in test format, it's a huge turnoff and it looks like you don't trust her.

now, should all of these questions be answered by her? YES! But IN TIME.

that's why it's important to just be boyfriend and girlfriend for awhile so IN TIME these questions are answered not by just "yes or no" answers, but by her actions. that way you know IT'S FOR REAL and you can trust the answers

Ah ha!! See, that is the other side I was thinkinng about!!!
Okay okay okay!!! We're onto something here now!!! :D
Tell me, how do I make my feelings go away until I know that the answer to all my questions is a resounding YES??? I seem to want to know NOW that the answers are yes so that I'm not wasting my time on someone who answers no to my questions but yet always wants to plan out our wedding and says I love you all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
NeedMoreEmo said:
You should know the answers to most of these questions either because she's told you in a small way or you just have a gut feeling.
muhahaha repost NME ;)

elpmis said:
being a born again christian is great, but there are millions of christians who lived with someone before they married them.

what you're talking about is pure fundamental christianity, and that's not so much spiritual faith in God as it is just being constrained by the strict rules and bounds of religion.

Jesus never once said "you shouldn't live with your girlfriend before you pop the question"

Shouldn't live in sin either, and the guy does have a penis.

Detman101 said:
Ah ha!! See, that is the other side I was thinkinng about!!!
Okay okay okay!!! We're onto something here now!!! :D
Tell me, how do I make my feelings go away until I know that the answer to all my questions is a resounding YES???
you shouldn't make your "feelings" go away, just identify your feelings for what they truly are.

to love her, that's one feeling

to want to marry her right away, that's another feeling

don't combine these two feelings, they aren't the same thing

now ask yourself, why do you want to rush in to marriage so quickly?

elpmis said:
I dated a girl with real Ds one time, they are super extra fucking soft, I dunno, I'll take a regular C over a D - it's just too much soft bag to handle

this made me laugh. :)

elpmis said:
you shouldn't make your "feelings" go away, just identify your feelings for what they truly are.

to love her, that's one feeling

to want to marry her right away, that's another feeling

don't combine these two feelings, they aren't the same thing

now ask yourself, why do you want to rush in to marriage so quickly?

I don't want to rush into marriage. I just want to know that she loves me and is in-love with me. I could wait another 2 years to marry her if need be. But I damn well better start seeing some signs of her supposed "Love for me" if i'm going to stick around any longer.