Brain-dead woman gives birth to baby girl

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
I wonder who fucked her...probably fly.

I keed I keed...

Story:

RICHMOND, Virginia (AP) -- A brain-dead pregnant woman who has been kept on life support to give her fetus more time to develop gave birth to a baby girl Tuesday, the woman's brother-in-law said.

There were no complications during delivery and the baby "is doing well," Justin Torres wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press. The baby, Susan Anne Catherine Torres, weighs one pound 13 ounces and is 131/2 inches long, he said. The infant was delivered via caesarean section, the hospital said.

Susan Torres, a 26-year-old researcher at the National Institutes of Health, lost consciousness from a stroke May 7 after aggressive melanoma spread to her brain. Her husband, Jason Torres, said doctors told him his wife's brain functions had stopped.

Jason Torres quit his job to be by his wife's side, and last month her fetus passed the 24th week of development -- the earliest point at which doctors felt the baby would have a reasonable chance to survive, the brother-in-law said.

A Web site to help raise money for the family's mounting medical bills had received about $400,000 in donations from around the world as of two weeks ago, Justin Torres said. The family said it must pay tens of thousands of dollars each week that insurance does not cover.

Doctors had hoped to hold off on delivering the child until 32 weeks' gestation. A full-term pregnancy is about 40 weeks.

The infant is being monitored in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Virginia Hospital Center in Arlington, about 100 miles north of Richmond.

"The entire staff and administration of Virginia Hospital Center, especially the physicians and nurses caring for Susan Torres and Baby Girl Torres, are delighted with the successful delivery," the hospital said in a statement.

A spokeswoman declined to release any additional information.

A telephone message left for the brother-in-law was not immediately returned.

Since 1979, there have been at least a dozen similar cases published in English medical literature, said Dr. Winston Campbell, director of maternal-fetal medicine at the University of Connecticut Health Center, which conducted research on the topic.

April23 said:
You should have heard the things fly was saying when Terry Shiavo was the big thing. :lol:
Funny how an everyday thing was more important than the people who die in Iraq everyday, kind of like this whole deal in Aruba.
I can't use my excuse though that Terri Shiavo wanted to die because noone wants to be a burden out of common sense. A brit with MND won a court case that Doctors -have- to keep him alive, nevermind what state he's in.

Galen said:
Funny how an everyday thing was more important than the people who die in Iraq everyday, kind of like this whole deal in Aruba.

I can't say I agree with you totally there. Having watched US news before, they do spend a great deal of time on the people who die in Iraq, stating how they died for a cause, blah, blah, blah.

I think the woman who was lost in Aruba is important, but they are making a very large deal out of it to feel like they are doing something for the people they can aside from all of those outside of their reach. Also, it may have something to do with the parents continuing to hold press conferences and the like to raise awareness.

Exodus said:
I can't say I agree with you totally there. Having watched US news before, they do spend a great deal of time on the people who die in Iraq, stating how they died for a cause, blah, blah, blah.

US News. Fair and unbiased reporting there. When I was over there watching it, they were insisting that what israel was just in their actions, brushing off what a palestinian woman was saying about her child being shot by an israeli soldier as "terrorist lies" :rolleyes:

Exodus said:
I think the woman who was lost in Aruba is important, but they are making a very large deal out of it to feel like they are doing something for the people they can aside from all of those outside of their reach. Also, it may have something to do with the parents continuing to hold press conferences and the like to raise awareness.

People get lost or kidnapped everyday, there is nothing special about this crime. The media coverage is stupid, but of course they're just taking a brake from covering the Brad/Jennifer split, or maybe I'm not keeping up with my "celeb gossip". Oh god, CNN... I need to know... What -IS- Angelina Jolie doing with her face this week?

Galen said:
US News. Fair and unbiased reporting there. When I was over there watching it, they were insisting that what israel was just in their actions, brushing off what a palestinian woman was saying about her child being shot by an israeli soldier as "terrorist lies" :rolleyes:

I never said it was unbiased, silly. It is very biased and from all I can tell designed to scare the public, but it still spent a lot of time on Iraq and the people dying there, which you said was something that should be reported.

People get lost or kidnapped everyday, there is nothing special about this crime. The media coverage is stupid, but of course they're just taking a brake from covering the Brad/Jennifer split, or maybe I'm not keeping up with my "celeb gossip". Oh god, CNN... I need to know... What -IS- Angelina Jolie doing with her face this week?

Exactlly, as I said - they are trying to help the ones they feel they can. It's not that there is something special about it, it is probably just the parents continuing to raise awareness about it to try and help their kid. As much as it seems a waste of airspace to continue to broadcast -so- much about it... if it was your child wouldn't you want to know all you could do to get her back was being done?

Also, didn't you know? Angelina is pregnant :eek:. Heh.

Exodus said:
I never said it was unbiased, silly. It is very biased and from all I can tell designed to scare the public, but it still spent a lot of time on Iraq and the people dying there, which you said was something that should be reported.

They report troops that have died, not innocents. I don't see a constantly updating ticker of the amount of innocent iraqi's that have died in the conflict.

Exactlly, as I said - they are trying to help the ones they feel they can. It's not that there is something special about it, it is probably just the parents continuing to raise awareness about it to try and help their kid. As much as it seems a waste of airspace to continue to broadcast -so- much about it... if it was your child wouldn't you want to know all you could do to get her back was being done?

Also, didn't you know? Angelina is pregnant :eek:. Heh.

The media wants to help people? My god! They've gone the way of insurance companies! This new caring world has me in a spin!

They could care less about helping anyone. I don't think people in Aruba really care if a lake is being towed to Quantico for forensic analysis, not that they'd be glued to American news in the first place (Except for the NO SPIN ZONE. O Reilly tells it like it is). The intensive coverage of this case has not brought anyone closer to knowing what happened to her, not like the locals will rat, they probably all know each other. If it was my child, I'd have someone other than Fox cover it, that's for sure. Fuck sake, Takeshi's Castle is more reliable.

Angelina Jolie is probably pregnant with another crappy tombraider spinoff. The legend of the gold chair or something.

I think this is a very moving story and pretty amazing that we now have the ability to give that baby a chance at life even though the mother's had ended. I hope the baby does well.

Drool-Boy said:
Yah man, he does it to get chicks
He's actually a very big fan of strip clubs, though his ex-wife was accused of torturing him for her own pleasure. Can't blame the guy. Fair play to him.

Galen said:
They report troops that have died, not innocents. I don't see a constantly updating ticker of the amount of innocent iraqi's that have died in the conflict.

Start making one?

The media wants to help people? My god! They've gone the way of insurance companies! This new caring world has me in a spin!

Pfft, yeah right. But I mean the parents want to help her, and if it makes a story for the news...well, of course they are going to post it. It is just another way to make the world seem like a terrorist haven.

Galen said:
I see your point, but the whole idea of war REQUIRES that the enemy be dehumanized. If we see them as people just like us, that makes it really hard to kill them.