Baby Boys vs. Girls

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
so boys just seem to be hardwired different than little girls, huh?

i would be curious to hear someone's take who has both genders as kids. I have 3 brothers and 2 sons, so I don't have a lot of perspective.

but as I watch lil mo, I notice:

he likes dirt, bugs, balls (nohomo).. throwing stuff. slamming sticks/bats/etc like freaking bam bam from the flintstones.

he's aggressive (we are trying to calm that obviously). maybe all 2 year olds are? i just think he's an alpha male. like 2 out of 3 cheetah cubs die in the wild. the one that survives survives because he pushes the other two off the kill.

parents, do you notice a particular "boyness" with your boys? and is it nature or nurture you think?

man, mo loves bugs. i have to warn him away from wasps and stuff.

DJB can probably speak as having both a son and two daughters but from some of the stories he tells me about I was fairly girlish (not so much as my sister because I was a tom boy) but I definitely had distinctly 'little girl' traits.

One story he always tells people is when (because he was my primary carer not my mother in my former years) I was about 4 or so and trying to persuade him to play Polly Pocket with me I'd say 'But Dad I'll let you pick whichever Polly you want' etc.

let me also state the obvious: there are times when both genders exhibit behaviors traditionally associated with the other. mo CAN be gentle and sweet. he SOMETIMES plays with his teddy bears. just like some little girls may love throwing baseballs and playing with bugs.

Oh and around 2 years of age, boys develop some fear of one thing you can't rationalize. They get over it it fast, but it has happened to the 4 boys I have known.

With Dominic, it was ladybugs
Another kid, it was dust bunnies
Another one, it was ants
Last one, it was falling water.

I left each of my children on a hill overnight when they were born. Only the three boys survived the cold but I chose to bring two of them up as girls. The fact that the world considers both NME and her sister to be girls prove that it's nurture rather than nature. The oldest one, I reared as a boy and, even though his beard grows more slowly than either of the 'girls' he's still perceived as a boy.

I left each of my children on a hill overnight when they were born. Only the three boys survived the cold but I chose to bring two of them up as girls. The fact that the world considers both NME and her sister to be girls prove that it's nurture rather than nature. The oldest one, I reared as a boy and, even though his beard grows more slowly than either of the 'girls' he's still perceived as a boy.

:lol:

Thats fucking awesome.