books

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
i know there's a long-ass thread out there somewhere, but i don't feel like digging for it. so let's start fresh.

i'm reading eat pray love and am very excited about it. has anyone else read this, and did you like it?

Today I need to read the MIL-Spec for Installation of Rivets in Sheetmetal. Its been canceled and replaced by a new spec, but they just did a C&P so its the same thing.
Exciting!

I've been on a Neil Gaiman kick. LOOOVE him.

I just finished Red Tent for my book club and it was pretty darn good.

Oh and I read the Art of Racing in the Rain for my book club, its a book narrated by a dog.

Sister's Keeper was a good read as well.

Right now I'm reading Silence of the Lambs and I'm going to start the Lord of the Rings trilogy (never read it before).

I'm about to read Intensity by Dean Koontz. I saw this crazy movie High Tension a few days ago and a lot of people on imdb said it reminded them of that book so I thought I would give it a try. The movie might not have been that crazy but I saw it like 4 in the morning when I was sick running a high fever.

Here is a link to info about the movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/

I really like Gaiman but he often has a really slow start to some of his stuff.

Last edited:
I just read the first 2 Resident Evil books, the are really so much more then just Zombie books. I had to stop before I got through the third though cause I was having zombie dreams every night. I'll probably attempt it again in a few months. I've been told that one is the first one that actually has just hordes of zombies everywhere.

They are a great read, but can be tough. Tolkein gets a little wordy at times. Just wait for the 10 pages describing Frodo's first 2 second glimpse of Tom Bombadil.

:case:

s3pzza.jpg

The Similarion was a tough read to me because of that.

Oh hell yes. I couldn't even get halfway through.

I'm a sucker for autobiographies.
Mainly from the music industry. Not much better than a book filled with debauchery and a precious, happy ending.

I think I've read all of the best ones, so I don't know where to go next.

Same with my true crime books. I think I've read the most horrific ones, so I can't imagine anything that would surpass the high bar of sickness that I've read.

I need sick.

I have a bunch of books from the Air University press (AF members get free books from them, I couldn't pass that up) that I've been meaning to read but never have.