Bomb Alert? Only in Northern Ireland!

ChikkenNoodul said:
That's what officer training school is for, that way you don't start out at absolute bottom
Um, not really. If you come out of an academy the shit is just as intense, not to mention the 'upwards or outwards' policy. Mandatory 'retirement' if you miss promotion three times.

Half my family is Army and the commisioned officers are the unhappiest bunch.

FlamingGlory said:
Um, not really. If you come out of an academy the shit is just as intense, not to mention the 'upwards or outwards' policy. Mandatory 'retirement' if you miss promotion three times.

Half my family is Army and the commisioned officers are the unhappiest bunch.
But you're still an officer, not a private.

I never said it wasn't intense - and it should be.

kiwi said:
He LOVES reading and learning about all that type of stuff. He was pretty much born to be in a military position of some sort, but wouldn't want to deal with being a peon and working up to a leader.

:eek: , stop it you'll make me blush. Yes, I've always had a thing for military history and the art of war. I just don't think I would do well in today's "kinder softer" military where it has apparently being just as political as the corporate workplace. Some men rise to lead when wars are at their darkest, perhaps my time has yet to come.

Try to capture as many spawn points as he can and booby trap them with C4 to keep the enemy from taking them back.

El Borracho said:
So, if things all of a sudden went to ass what would you do?

Depends on what's going on. If some major war broke out and the safety of the country I live in and it's people were in jeopardy I would volunteer to fight to defend it. If we were suddenly invaded Red Dawn style my prime objective first would be to care for the family and friends that I am close to, then after I'd felt that things were as secure as they were going to get I would evaluate the situation to determine the next reasonable course of action (ie - lay low and keep people alive or take the fight to the occupational force with whatever resources were available to me). There are different levels and meanings to "fighthing back", grabbing up a weapon and charging a tank and getting yourself killed "heroically" may not actually get you any closer to a victory for your people, it would just give you a bad case of dead.

Sarcasmo said:
Try to capture as many spawn points as he can and booby trap them with C4 to keep the enemy from taking them back.

I can make a mean Claymore mine out of an ice cream tub and some generic explosive, so something along those lines, yes.

KNYTE said:
Depends on what's going on. If some major war broke out and the safety of the country I live in and it's people were in jeopardy I would volunteer to fight to defend it. If we were suddenly invaded Red Dawn style my prime objective first would be to care for the family and friends that I am close to, then after I'd felt that things were as secure as they were going to get I would evaluate the situation to determine the next reasonable course of action (ie - lay low and keep people alive or take the fight to the occupational force with whatever resources were available to me). There are different levels and meanings to "fighthing back", grabbing up a weapon and charging a tank and getting yourself killed "heroically" may not actually get you any closer to a victory for your people, it would just give you a bad case of dead.

You and your family are welcome at my compound if societal collapse occurs :D

Have you read 'Patriots:....' or 'Unintended Consequences' yet?

KNYTE said:

I'd probably sit tight and pretend nothings happening. I dont live in a city and most of the rural area that surrounds my house is owned by myself or a family member.

No one outside my bloodline lives within 3 miles of me. :cool:

well... I do have a neighbor, but he only owns a house on a lot right next to mine.

ChikkenNoodul said:
You and your family are welcome at my compound if societal collapse occurs :D

Have you read 'Patriots:....' or 'Unintended Consequences' yet?

Who knows, you may find me and mine knocking one day to take you up on that offer. :)

I haven't, cliffs?

Currently I'm reading a book called Immediate Action by Andy McNab about his life as part of the SAS (ironically enough with the content of this thread). I've also got 1776 which I've gotten into a little (I'll finish it after Immediate Action), which is obviously a story of the American revolution.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Boy we'll sure have an interesting religious mix at my joint :lol:

Yes, I imagine under those circumstances the fact that we all fall under the "survivor" category probably helps to overlook such differences. :fly:

KNYTE said:
Who knows, you may find me and mine knocking one day to take you up on that offer. :)

I haven't, cliffs?

Currently I'm reading a book called Immediate Action by Andy McNab about his life as part of the SAS (ironically enough with the content of this thread). I've also got 1776 which I've gotten into a little (I'll finish it after Immediate Action), which is obviously a story of the American revolution.
'Patriot's:...' is a book with pretty thorough planning guides for living and defending as a self sufficient group told through a work of fiction, if you can ignore the heavy HEAVY Christian influence ( Wasn't a problem for me, or for you I'm sure - but some people are really bothered by it :rolleyes: ) it's a great book.

'Unintended Consequences' has a lot of great history about American gun culture, and weaves a tale of fiction about what could happen if things go too far

kiwi said:
So, how exactly do you trap boobies?

sop-wallet-jr.jpg