Hawt Boast about yo'self thread

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,391
ITT post about kind deeds you do, summarise the good ones you've done this year if you like. Because after all what's the point in being charitable unless you get a clap on the back?

Today I heard about some dude whose bike got stolen so I'm giving him one from our garage. That's my good deed for the day.

Please regale us with your tales of human decency and kindness in these dark times.

Last night I went out in the works van and did some home visits to the women (of the night). Dropped off bags of Christmas presents. One woman had one gift already from another sex worker charity, and the ones we dropped off were her only other ones and her only card. We gave her a big food bag too. She was lovely as fuck.

I'm surrounded by people who have done far more charitable work than I have this season, and it makes me feel like a useless bag of shit.

Like this dude - http://andyvent.ca/ - a local twitter comedian that decided to use his platform to set up a fundraising contest, and raised >$20K for the Halifax food bank.

And a bunch of other people. Hell, the old guy standing at the Salvation Army kettle at the local grocery store has done a heck of a lot more than me.

I just got my christmas bonus, I gotta hit the grocery store on the way home, maybe I'll buy $50-$100 worth of random shit and throw it in the food bank box.

I just got my christmas bonus, I gotta hit the grocery store on the way home, maybe I'll buy $50-$100 worth of random shit and throw it in the food bank box.
Great idea. It's amazing how much food you can get to give to food banks for so little. I know groceries are tons more expensive over the pond but I can fill a whole trolley with tinned goods and non-perishables for like £20. My food bank game has tapered off a bit towards the winter. We used to donate everytime we did a shop but have been a bit remiss of late. I did a whip round my family for food parcels to give out last week at work to our women.

My mere presence alone is a gift to the world and all its peoples.

The rest of our good works are mostly spread amongst creatures other than human.

I'm surrounded by people who have done far more charitable work than I have this season, and it makes me feel like a useless bag of shit.

Like this dude - http://andyvent.ca/ - a local twitter comedian that decided to use his platform to set up a fundraising contest, and raised >$20K for the Halifax food bank.

And a bunch of other people. Hell, the old guy standing at the Salvation Army kettle at the local grocery store has done a heck of a lot more than me.

If you are giving to the food bank you are probably better off to just give money. They have resources that allow them to buy food at cheaper prices and then they get exactly what they need.

If you are giving to the food bank you are probably better off to just give money. They have resources that allow them to buy food at cheaper prices and then they get exactly what they need.
Plus cash doesn’t have an expiration date

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas