Bluetooth help anyone?

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
I want to get my bluetooth-enabled laptop to send files to my bluetooth-enabled carputer. I was thinking of enabling File Transfer options and disabling secure connection on both, but there seems to be more configuration I am missing. When I scan for nearby bluetooth devices, each one can see the other, but I can't access any services on either of them.

Does anyone have any ideas? I know I can't describe the problem very well but this is my first BT experience and so far it is not a positive one.

Most ITX boards have a slot for a mini PCI card. You could put a wifi card in there. You could also enable remote admin on your carputer to allow you to fix shit from your home terminal instead of sitting out in the car with a keyboard and mouse.

Most ITX boards have a slot for a mini PCI card. You could put a wifi card in there. You could also enable remote admin on your carputer to allow you to fix shit from your home terminal instead of sitting out in the car with a keyboard and mouse.

I am going to get a USB wifi with external antenna soon, but I would like to get this workign first.

I have no other choice. I don't have wifi in it yet. Can you even bridge to computers together through wifi without an access point?
Yeah, fairly simple in WinXP. Scary question now is how are you sharing your current home internet connection?

I am not sharing that, nor will I need to.
So, you just have the internet connection from your DSL/Cable modem run straight into your PC? You might want to look at a router simply for security reasons, regardless of how you pull off this carputer deal.

So, you just have the internet connection from your DSL/Cable modem run straight into your PC? You might want to look at a router simply for security reasons, regardless of how you pull off this carputer deal.

My carputer is not in the internet.

My carputer is not in the internet.

I'm talking about your home box, not the carputer. I think you'll find that wifi is going to be the most reliable solution for doing what you're looking to do, regardless if you want internet access on the carputer or not. That, or you'll have to use sneakernet to do updates.

I don't think I've ever used Bluetooth for anything other than testing things now that I think about it.

I'm talking about your home box, not the carputer. I think you'll find that wifi is going to be the most reliable solution for doing what you're looking to do, regardless if you want internet access on the carputer or not. That, or you'll have to use sneakernet to do updates.

I am greatly confused what you are talking about now.

cliffs:

1) bluetooth is fucking slow
2) making changes/fixing things on a carputer from the front seat sucks
3) a router will help secure your network
4) wifi is the best networking solution for a carputer
5) running (while wearing sneakers) files out to your carputer on a disk is a pain in the ass
6) wonko is easily confused.

Last edited: