Blogging web utility help

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
Hello all. Long time, no chat.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way people could "securely" chat/blog on the web. What I am looking for is a Twitter style facility that can only be posted to or read if you have been invited to that "room". And only blogs/posts that pertain to that room.

Can Twitter work like that? Is there anything else that is easy to setup that could do that function? Am I speaking in tongues that no one else can understand, again?

Thank you all very much for your help :heart:

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Well Myspace won't work because it is blocked, sorry.

Livejournal might work. Wordpress won't do what I am thinking, unfortunately.

There was an open source something-or-other that was basically a webservice you hosted that did the same thing as Twitter. I forget the name of it but that might work.

There was an open source something-or-other that was basically a webservice you hosted that did the same thing as Twitter. I forget the name of it but that might work.

Just post it here.

Hey fly wouldn't it be cool if you could choose on your profile if you wanted your posts to be public i.e. read by guests, or just for members to see?

That would be nice... I'd love to block my posts from the public.

... but then if someone quotes you it will show up in their posts.

Blogger?