Blog Madness?

Krazed

Flaccid Member
Apr 29, 2006
Marklar
₥0
So I am an ex-music snob, and am a reborn- i'll listen to almost everything once-r, and have good friends that do music reviews for various online cool kid music sites. I never really stepped inside the "blogosphere", and infact abhor the actual word "blog" and its associated buzzyness. But I find with each sample MP3 I dl and tour date snippet of info I get, the more addicted I become.
What do you guys think about this whole "blog" thing? Are there any you follow religiously? Or should I just kinda get over it?

ex-music snob huh? can you tell me why Chris changed his vocals on the new Saves the Day album?? I mean WTF

elpmis said:
ex-music snob huh? can you tell me why Chris changed his vocals on the new Saves the Day album?? I mean WTF
The newest newest one or when he changed it from Stay What You Are to In Reverie? I actually liked his change, although a friend of mine was super unimpressed with it. I haven't heard anything new than that though.

fly said:
I find blogging to be highly annoying. No one gives a shit about you*, get over it.

*you = bloggers
that's kinda my thought, really. The whole myspace thing just exploded it into, look, everyone, I have an opnion, a right to it, and you all want to care about my authorative views on oreos.
But I'm starting to get sucked in.

Ive been told I should blog more on the front page of my comic. But are people really interested in reading about my weekend plans or what I had for dinner last night? I dont think so, and Id just as soon not bore people with such lameosity. I guess if I was in the comic "industry" in some way Id have stuff to post about, but I am not, so I do not.

Krazed said:
that's kinda my thought, really. The whole myspace thing just exploded it into, look, everyone, I have an opnion, a right to it, and you all want to care about my authorative views on oreos.
But I'm starting to get sucked in.
Fight the power. Don't succumb to social pressures to read other people's hogwash. I'm sure you have enough of your own. :D

fly said:
Fight the power. Don't succumb to social pressures to read other people's hogwash. I'm sure you have enough of your own. :D
but i want to be cool toooo
I *do* think I'll use them as a good source for checking out music, but I have to watch myself from just being a blog pimp and a website whore, as far as that goes.

Drool-Boy said:
Ive been told I should blog more on the front page of my comic. But are people really interested in reading about my weekend plans or what I had for dinner last night? I dont think so, and Id just as soon not bore people with such lameosity. I guess if I was in the comic "industry" in some way Id have stuff to post about, but I am not, so I do not.
yeah it seems if you have a site, you have to have a blog and voice your opinions about things. I think it's cool to hear from the artist/whomever, see what's up in terms of the actual COMIC or whatnot, which I think you kinda address if I remember that right, but at the same time I can see you not wanting to list the ice cream flavor of the day.

I don't usally read blogs, but I do have a livejournal account that I use to read my friend's journals. I have a few friends who live out of state or that I just don't see to often and it helps me keep up with what they are doing, other than that they are pretty useless.

blogosphere.png

why_ask_why said:
other than metro man posts, I've never read a blog in my life
that almost tempts me to sneak a link on you, just so you can't honestly say you haven't read a blog/seen one.

xoblivion said:
I don't usally read blogs, but I do have a livejournal account that I use to read my friend's journals. I have a few friends who live out of state or that I just don't see to often and it helps me keep up with what they are doing, other than that they are pretty useless.

blogosphere.png
yeah, my friend that lives in oxford has one, which i read sometimes but I end up just talking to her on googlechat so it doesn't REALLY matter

Krazed said:
yeah, my friend that lives in oxford has one, which i read sometimes but I end up just talking to her on googlechat so it doesn't REALLY matter

I rarely use IM. I don't like the way most people talk on it, and well a phone is just so much better. I can only see LOL so many times before I just want to stab someone in the eye.

xoblivion said:
I rarely use IM. I don't like the way most people talk on it, and well a phone is just so much better. I can only see LOL so many times before I just want to stab someone in the eye.

LOL

I like reading blogs because, for the most part, the people who do them consistently are pathetic emo whiner attention whores. If I'm ever feeling low about myself I just read a few livejournals and it puts everything back into perspective.

xoblivion said:
I see what you mean. I cannot tolerate hi how ru 2day type bullshit. We can't call each other, obviously so in super long distance situations AIM makes a whole lot of sense.
I love to talk (in all forms) so talking on the phone is fine, but it's alot more expensive, in the long run, especially since everyone is on different edges of the country. The people I talk to the most on the phone are in WA and MI, sooo....yeah. lol hefty cell phone bill if i'm not smart about it.