Blog Madness?

Krazed said:
The newest newest one or when he changed it from Stay What You Are to In Reverie? I actually liked his change, although a friend of mine was super unimpressed with it. I haven't heard anything new than that though.
the newest newest one, Sound The Alarm, god he sounds awful, I think he's trying to get back to his roots (Through Being Cool), but it's just not working

elpmis said:
the newest newest one, Sound The Alarm, god he sounds awful, I think he's trying to get back to his roots (Through Being Cool), but it's just not working
would I be able to myspace it up?

KNYTE said:
I like reading blogs because, for the most part, the people who do them consistently are pathetic emo whiner attention whores. If I'm ever feeling low about myself I just read a few livejournals and it puts everything back into perspective.

If I'm feeling low and want to feel better I just go to Wal-Mart.

xoblivion said:
If I'm feeling low and want to feel better I just go to Wal-Mart.
wal-mart depresses me. My friend is from a tiny tiny tiny tiny town east of memphis, just off the 40, and they have a wal-mart and RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO IT not seconds away is a brand spanking new Super Wal-mart. Fuck that.

I have a blog. I started it for no other reason than I type faster than I hand write, and I found it easier to organize my thoughts in the blogger format. I made it public after a couple months.

I do on the other hand read a couple blogs religiously. Dooce.com is my fav, she is so twisted and random I just love her.

Blogs are very powerful and highly under-rated. The problem is too many use it for emo crap that no one cares about. I'm a blog fan though, there is plenty out there that is worth reading.

I'd feel like an ass if every day I went online to tell people how I was feeling at that moment in time, day after day. It's bad enough that I post personal shit here, although this is different because I know many of you IRL and the others I feel like this is just another medium of communication.

When you are blogging, you are just putting stuff out there... it's not intended to open up dialogue between the blogger and the readers am I right?

The worst part about internet communication is the fact that people get on message boards and lie. I hate it when I come across something random on the internet, posted by someone I know, that is a complete lie. Just because we are not face-to-face doesn't give someone the right to tell myself or others a load of shit because "no one really knows you."

It all comes out in the wash, right?

Candy said:
I hate it when I come across something random on the internet, posted by someone I know, that is a complete lie. Just because we are not face-to-face doesn't give someone the right to tell myself or others a load of shit because "no one really knows you."

It all comes out in the wash, right?
That's interesting. It doesn't entirely suprise me though...it esem slikeif you like posting your opinons for others to read enough, you just might care that you LOOK good while doing so.

I write in a blog and read others mostly to keep up with friends. They are all over the country and if I called them all every time I wanted to tell them about what I did this weekend, I'd never get off the phone. So this is how a lot of us communicate with each other. Plus, I like having a journal where I can vent or express happiness randomly. I get to look back over it later with new perspective, which is sometimes great.

Krazed said:
that's kinda my thought, really. The whole myspace thing just exploded it into, look, everyone, I have an opnion, a right to it, and you all want to care about my authorative views on oreos.
But I'm starting to get sucked in.
I hate myspace. It's the bottom of the barrel of the internet.

Unfortunately I have a ton of friends who use it. They're always trying to get me to setup an account. I tell them "I already have an entire website to myself and I don't update that, why should I setup a myspace account and never update that too?" They leave me alone for a fer weeks then.