Blog Madness?

eileenbunny said:
I write in a blog and read others mostly to keep up with friends. They are all over the country and if I called them all every time I wanted to tell them about what I did this weekend, I'd never get off the phone. So this is how a lot of us communicate with each other. Plus, I like having a journal where I can vent or express happiness randomly. I get to look back over it later with new perspective, which is sometimes great.

I use my shrink for that. If I were to write exactly how I felt, no holds barred, at any given time about how I feel... well, it just wouldent be a good idea.

IMHO Journals are supposed to be private - but hey, if it works for you thats great! :eek:

omg i would LOOOOVE a shrink. an hour all to myself to talk about myself with someone's undivided attention on ME? someone to tell me what to do and what to fix and how to fix it and why i'm crazy and give me lots and lots of pills??

THAT'S MY DEFINITION OF HEAVEN. i just can't afford the $40 a pop.

fly said:
I find blogging to be highly annoying. No one gives a shit about you*, get over it.

*you = bloggers
Blogging done by just anyone = pathetic and annoying. Blogging done by, oh, a high-up developer at pick-your-favorite-software-company (MS, Google, Apple, etc) can be really interesting, and through replying to blogs can give you the chance to individually give your thoughts, feedback, and ideas directly to the developers that make some of the software you use every day.

Thorn Bird said:
omg i would LOOOOVE a shrink. an hour all to myself to talk about myself with someone's undivided attention on ME? someone to tell me what to do and what to fix and how to fix it and why i'm crazy and give me lots and lots of pills??

Thats what AIM is for. Duh.

Thorn Bird said:

Dammit, mine has cut me down to one visit every three months. And I never really get a full hour. More like, 20 minutes. Not nearly enough time. Although he is great, and has made me feel allot better about stuff, he still doesn't really give advice. I think that is a common misconception about shrinks. Anyhow, I highly recommend it even if it is only a one time visit. You would be surprised how much lighter you feel when your done. :)