Blind dates suck.

M

Millions

So last Friday we had a company barbeque...I see a girl there and ask my coworker (who knows EVERYBODY) who she is. She doesn't know but knows someone who does...she comes back 20 minutes later saying: "Such and such has a DIFFERENT girl PERFECT for you." ...I'm still wondering about the cute girl I ASKED about.

So suddenly mutual coworkers all set lunch up for me and this girl. Never seen or met her before, I can barely remember her name. I'm feeling very uncomfortable about it all.

So I meet her today for lunch and I'm not attracted to her at all. Yeah, I know looks aren't everything but looks have to be a little SOMETHING. So we go eat anyways...turns out she's also way too quiet and not much fun to talk to. Not my type at all.

So now I'm screwed because if I fess up and say I didn't think she was cute the whole company is going to peg me for some shallow jack ass. Thus ends my first AND last bit of inter-office dating. Never...again.

shouldn't have let them do that in the 1st place...you don't buy a car site unseen do you??

why_ask_why said:
shouldn't have let them do that in the 1st place...you don't buy a car site unseen do you??
How are you and misses WAW doing anywho?

I.C.Water said:
uh well to say to her face you aint cute is pretty jack ass

Well, of course I wouldn't say that to her face...but what am I going to tell all the girls in the office who set us up when they incesantly hound me about later? If I tell them, then word is going to travel and it will be pretty much the same as if I'd said it to her face.

Think I'm just going to say "I didn't feel like we clicked and she wasn't really my type." Or I may try to pull "The girl I've had the hots for has suddenly come back into my life." I think I'm pretty safe with either of those....I hope.

if your co-workers set you up on a date with a loser does that mean they think you are a loser?

ieholly said:
if your co-workers set you up on a date with a loser does that mean they think you are a loser?
Sounds like infallible logic to me.

ieholly said:

I hope not! :( It was my coworker who knew a friend in the adjacent building...her friend suggested the girl I went to lunch with. So my coworker has never met the girl and my coworker's friend has never met me. So it was a total blind BLIND date.

I think it was more an issue of "who the single people we can set up?!" type of scenario.

BigDov said:
SHALLOW JACK ASS!!!!! :lol:

You know, shit like that happens- it's inevitable when you allow your coworkers to pick a person to date for you.

:lol: Hey...I may be shallow AND a jack ass but I did NOT have a relationship with Ms. Lewinski.

I really hate to be a jackass...even though I wasn't attracted to this girl I still opened doors and paid for lunch. ...which probably sent the wrong signal now that I think about. Yep. Gonna have to quit, run away and find another job.

why_ask_why said:
we are hanging in there and working through things...best I could have hoped for :)
Tell her she could do a lot worse. Then show her my pic with a few choice posts.

Millions said:
:lol: Hey...I may be shallow AND a jack ass but I did NOT have a relationship with Ms. Lewinski.

I really hate to be a jackass...even though I wasn't attracted to this girl I still opened doors and paid for lunch. ...which probably sent the wrong signal now that I think about. Yep. Gonna have to quit, run away and find another job.

:lol: You're gonna have to just explain to her that you're not interested- if she's anywhere near mature, she'll understand. If not, you firebomb your co-workers.

why_ask_why said:
just say "there was nary a stirring in my pants"...she'll understand:lol:

LOL. "I am afraid ye milkshake does nay draw yon gentlefolk to ye yard!"

Forrest Dump said:
In all seriousnes , all you have to say is that you dont feel you two "hit it off" or something. Just make it vague and you wont look like a total dick.
this man speaks the truth. just be honest about the interaction (or lack thereof) that you had with this girl and don't mention that you thought she was not attractive.