Halp Blew Screen

Mozy is okay as long as you don't have to contact support. I have it for my home computer. I ran into an issue where the backup would fail every fucking time. I ended up contacting support, which is (of course) outsourced to India. They had me uninstall/reinstall/this and that. Of course that wasn't the problem. A week into this support query, they finally escalate the support ticket to level 2 (American thank god) who tries a couple of things which didn't work. Few days pass and finally got a different tech who had to rebuild the dataset on the server side. Once that happened, the backup started all back again, checking data on the server and then uploading new stuff.

I have ibackup.com on my other computer. Works much better. Client has a lot more settings and configuration that can be done to it. Uploads and downloads aren't capped like Mozy is. If anyone wants a referral, let me know.

external HD isn't a true backup, neither is raid1, etc... lightning strikes, stolen, house burns down, you still lose all your data. needs to be at a different location.
that's why I said "or more externals". Then you can take one offsite and store in a safety deposit box or at a friends, or in your underground concrete bunker.

Last edited: