Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,009.38
Marklar
M3,009
so i'm on jury duty...and i got selected...and i am serving on a pretty high profile case in the city right now. i thought i was okay with it, but once i got out of the courtroom tonight my knees just buckled. i hope it was just a temporary lapse due to emotional and mental exhaustion.

who else isn't at work for the next two weeks?

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
I would trade places with you if I could. I got a jury duty notice and had to call every night to see if I had to go in the next morning. I never got called though. They ran through the numbers and stopped just short of mine.

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10.00
Marklar
M10
Good (Kill them) Luck. It can be (guilty) hard (guilty) when faced with a dilema (no parole) of that type. Just don't let (guilty) others change your (kill them) beliefs.

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,009.38
Marklar
M3,009
JJ Lady said:
I would trade places with you if I could. I got a jury duty notice and had to call every night to see if I had to go in the next morning. I never got called though. They ran through the numbers and stopped just short of mine.
i was totally stoked to be serving. i was looking forward to it until they told me what case i would be on. i think i'll be alright if i can sleep on it tonight.

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
F33nX said:
i was totally stoked to be serving. i was looking forward to it until they told me what case i would be on. i think i'll be alright if i can sleep on it tonight.
You'll have to fill us in when it is over.

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,009.38
Marklar
M3,009
JJ Lady said:
You'll have to fill us in when it is over.
oh i will. apparently i was considered to be a top juror because i'm smart, willing, and have experience in dealing with logical situations through my employment :wtf: they're holding a lottery tomorrow on juror numbers, and there's a chance that i'll be the foreman too.

thrawn

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
i just dropped myself into a job that i am completely not qualified for, and paid rather well for :lol:, so i have been learning all about aot's, axt's, msi's and everything that goes along with. it's oddly making sense and i am enjoying it, that makes me busy during the day while i figure things out but it's not difficult or annoying so i would almost consider that not working, just no play time on the internet for the most part.

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,009.38
Marklar
M3,009
thrawn said:
i just dropped myself into a job that i am completely not qualified for, and paid rather well for :lol:, so i have been learning all about aot's, axt's, msi's and everything that goes along with. it's oddly making sense and i am enjoying it, that makes me busy during the day while i figure things out but it's not difficult or annoying so i would almost consider that not working, just no play time on the internet for the most part.
at least you are liking your new job:) now alls you gotta do is work on getting a house down there too

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10.00
Marklar
M10
thrawn said:

What's your new job? Axts as in Novell Zenworks?

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,009.38
Marklar
M3,009
ChikkenNoodul said:
If I got on jury duty for a criminal case I'd probably go for not guilty 9/10 times because I hate prosecutors more than most other criminals.
i honestly don't know what i'll say yet, deliberations are at least a week away and it's a pretty interesting hardcore case.

reverendsaintjay

Flaccid Member
Jan 5, 2006
Maryland
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
thrawn said:
I did the same thing last February, landed myself a nice cushy little Junior SMS Admin spot at my company. Granted, my only real SMS experience was a 5 day boot-camp style course that I went to more than 8 months prior to getting the job.

Almost 1 year later I'm actually qualified and capable of not only doing my current job, but leaving my company and making more money than I can spend. Course, that decision is at least a year away, gotta make Sr admin before I jet.

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10.00
Marklar
M10
ChikkenNoodul said:
Now THAT is funny :lol::lol::lol:

You'll find a way, or three dozen - trust me
Get married and have kids and you will never say that statement ever again.

Just wear your "Down with Whitey" T-Shirt to jury selection. If you're white they really can't call the shirt racist but very confusing to the stupid people.

Galen

Flaccid Member
Nov 25, 2004
Ireland
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
I had tests today which I barely studied for yet ended up doing alot better than most people who did.

Funny how life goes your way once in a while