Black Friday!

woohoo, a plethora of links! Guess I'll be doing a little research today..... I've got a pretty good everywhere in the house, I'd just like to get it a little stronger. I'll try some of this stuff out and if it doesn't work, I guess I'll go for the booster.

BigDov said:
woohoo, a plethora of links! Guess I'll be doing a little research today..... I've got a pretty good everywhere in the house, I'd just like to get it a little stronger. I'll try some of this stuff out and if it doesn't work, I guess I'll go for the booster.

I dont trust that new-fangled stuff.
I like my internet signal where I can see it. Inside a cable.

theacoustician said:
But there's nothing as nice as posting from the shitter.

When I wired my house with cat5 , I almost ran a lead to the can.
But then I decided that its a place of solitude, and I didnt want one there.
Plus its hard to type when Im pinching a loaf.

Drool-Boy said:

Good point, but in this jerkwater town I live in, I'm not too worried about some punk hacking me. Not saying it couldn't happen, but based on my neighbors, it'll be a long time before it does.

Drool-Boy said:

We got my wireless up and working this weekend and I'm definitely enjoying the mobility.

Drool-Boy said:
When I wired my house with cat5 , I almost ran a lead to the can.
But then I decided that its a place of solitude, and I didnt want one there.
Plus its hard to type when Im pinching a loaf.
I'm surprised you didn't wire for wireless APs in the ceiling.

theacoustician said:
I'm surprised you didn't wire for wireless APs in the ceiling.

forgot to mention about the antenna deal...you will not need it, I can guarantee...we have total saturation in a ~4000 sq ft house and we don't even have it turned up all the way with no extra antenna...turned up all the way it'll probably start microwaving our neighbors leftovers whilst still in the fridge :fly:

why_ask_why said:
forgot to mention about the antenna deal...you will not need it, I can guarantee...we have total saturation in a ~4000 sq ft house and we don't even have it turned up all the way with no extra antenna...turned up all the way it'll probably start microwaving our neighbors leftovers whilst still in the fridge :fly:
I frequently lose coverage when someone is using the microwave or the wireless phone. There are also dead spots in the bathrooms and bedroom. This isn't totally surprising as my house seems to be a cell phone dead spot too, although if you go outside, reception is fine.

theacoustician said:
I frequently lose coverage when someone is using the microwave or the wireless phone. There are also dead spots in the bathrooms and bedroom. This isn't totally surprising as my house seems to be a cell phone dead spot too, although if you go outside, reception is fine.

you shant have the problem any longer, that's for sure