Bit of a dilemna

So, what exactly does one have to do to get this "potential" because obviously you aren't getting that option (or else this thread wouldn't be here)?

Sounds a lot like my company, minus all the pretty perks you mentioned. fuckers

Profit sharing. And as I said, the money wasn't really the issue. On average I'm pulling about 65K just for regular tech support (which is on the high end of this job) But if the company does really well, I can easily add an additional 40K to my salary (closest I've gotten was 89K)

Well if it's not the money ..

If you aren't happy with the way the actual company is being managed .. just changing departments probabaly won't solve this problem. Unless it's just one higher up person in your particular department who is being the wrench in this situation.

If this is the case then I think I would see if anyone else is having the same concerns, and if so, go higher up the chain and presnt your concerns and try to get them fixed.

I'm not happy with the way my entire company is being managed right now. I don't like the new people they have brought in (we merged with another company recently), who are implementing "new and better ways" to do things (because they aren't better in reality, only in paper theory during their meetings, meetings between people who have never actually "done" any of the jobs they are "making better").

If that be the case, then I say look for another job. You might think you won't find a better package .. but there is always a better package, especially if you have the time to shop around at your own leisure.

At least that's my opinion. I mean I'm not saying school is a bad option .. because it certainly isn't. But if you are unhappy there, going to school is only going to make it worse. Because then you will be stressed from work and from school.

Well if it's not the money ..

If you aren't happy with the way the actual company is being managed .. just changing departments probabaly won't solve this problem. Unless it's just one higher up person in your particular department who is being the wrench in this situation.

If this is the case then I think I would see if anyone else is having the same concerns, and if so, go higher up the chain and presnt your concerns and try to get them fixed.

I'm not happy with the way my entire company is being managed right now. I don't like the new people they have brought in (we merged with another company recently), who are implementing "new and better ways" to do things (because they aren't better in reality, only in paper theory during their meetings, meetings between people who have never actually "done" any of the jobs they are "making better").

If that be the case, then I say look for another job. You might think you won't find a better package .. but there is always a better package, especially if you have the time to shop around at your own leisure.

At least that's my opinion. I mean I'm not saying school is a bad option .. because it certainly isn't. But if you are unhappy there, going to school is only going to make it worse. Because then you will be stressed from work and from school.

Well if I change departments I meant by going from IT to Finance or some change like that. So the management in question would definitely be out of the picture plus I know all the people that would be involved so I can ask around and find out who the better managers were.

After what I went through to graduate with my Bachelor's, School can't stress me out from what I've already done. Work isn't really that stressful, it's just a matter of how I'm perceived and how important I am to said managers. I find myself to be quite patient so I don't think stress would be a factor in that case.

Now should I go for another job, here's the important question. I apparently flat out suck at interviews. I've never gotten a job that I interviewed for unless they hired everyone they interviewed. How the hell do you get good at interviews?

Well if I change departments I meant by going from IT to Finance or some change like that. So the management in question would definitely be out of the picture plus I know all the people that would be involved so I can ask around and find out who the better managers were.

After what I went through to graduate with my Bachelor's, School can't stress me out from what I've already done. Work isn't really that stressful, it's just a matter of how I'm perceived and how important I am to said managers. I find myself to be quite patient so I don't think stress would be a factor in that case.

Now should I go for another job, here's the important question. I apparently flat out suck at interviews. I've never gotten a job that I interviewed for unless they hired everyone they interviewed. How the hell do you get good at interviews?

Interviews are easy, just act as if you are their best friend yet be professional.

If you're unhappy with the current status of management and how you feel you've been treated under the new management, but you know for a fact you probably won't ever find another company that will be as good as the one you work for, do you:

A: Finish up your resume anyways and look for another job elsewhere
B: Grin and bear it.
C: Go back to school for a completely different field of work and move to another department.

Sadly, I'm feeling in this dilemna, but not sure what I should do about it.

All of the above or you can come live with me ;)

Line up another job with more pay, then tell them unless they beat what they are paying you at this new company (throw in that they have better benefits too) that you have no choice but to leave. Tell them you love the company and wish to not leave, but for your sanity the money isn't right.

A vote for this. I had a similar situation (the difference being that my management gave me less to do). Unless you have a family or a truck-stop crank habit, there's no sense in staying with a bad situation.

If you have IT background they can place you anywhere.

I have a very light IT background. I have always been used as the liason between IT departments and the Owner. Basically I am Bill Bucannon, Cant kill shit like Jack but I can come up with good ideas and take the credit for it. :fly: