Bit of a dilemna

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
If you're unhappy with the current status of management and how you feel you've been treated under the new management, but you know for a fact you probably won't ever find another company that will be as good as the one you work for, do you:

A: Finish up your resume anyways and look for another job elsewhere
B: Grin and bear it.
C: Go back to school for a completely different field of work and move to another department.

Sadly, I'm feeling in this dilemna, but not sure what I should do about it.

demand a raise or jihad

The fact that they quadrupled my user base as well as gave me 5 facilities and did not increase my pay, shows that that won't happen.

Actually ironically part of the dilemna is the fact that due to the amount of users I have (420 when each person is supposed to have 75) my service level has gone down some and politics have pushed it down even further.

Grin and bear it while looking for a new job, or if they'll pay for option C then you might as well take what you can get there too.

If I take option C I'm staying within the company. Just going away from Tech Support. As it stands right now, Tech Support is the only thing I know how to do.

Yeah, I am all for all 3. Rev the resume, grin from 9 to 5, and make them pay for your out in a few years.

PS - :heart: and :drool:

Here's the kicker. The manager I'm having this issue with will be the one that has to approve the schooling. I'm sure I can be very suave in my wording and find a way to get a Business degree.

Seduce him/her and beat them in the back ally of a bar?

Line up another job with more pay, then tell them unless they beat what they are paying you at this new company (throw in that they have better benefits too) that you have no choice but to leave. Tell them you love the company and wish to not leave, but for your sanity the money isn't right.

Line up another job with more pay, then tell them unless they beat what they are paying you at this new company (throw in that they have better benefits too) that you have no choice but to leave. Tell them you love the company and wish to not leave, but for your sanity the money isn't right.

Well herein lies the problem about my statement about the company.

It's not exactly easy to find a place that:
Has free health insurance
Gives you a gym membership for $6 a month
Gives you the potential to make 6 figures doing tech support.
Tons of more benefits that most people don't get.

This company has been in the top 100 companies to work for for like 10 years straight (possibly more I don't know) It's usually the dream of anyone living in Columbus to end up working here. I like the company, I just don't like the may my new boss is acting.