birthday parties

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
my daughter is going to a birthday party this weekend. these days, kids' social calendars are waaaaay more booked than their parents'. when they hit school age, there's at least one party a month, but usually more. in atlanta, there are tons of places to book parties, and most are all a pretty penny. these kids have a big, booked party a year.

this got me thinking about our age group. when i was young, i most certainly did not have a blowout party every year. i had a small family- or a few-friends- gathering every year, and that's it. i had about two big parties in my younger years, and one was at mcdonald's in kindergarten.

did you have big parties? do you have parties now for your birthdays? if so, do you create, invite, and throw them for yourselves, or do you make someone else do it? and where do/would you have birthday parties?

When my folks get back from Denver in a couple of weeks we're taking Ethan to the fire station for his birthday party. They host parties and give rides on the firetrucks and everything. It'll be kick ass.

I never had big parties growing up. Never cared about them.

Now, we usually do some sort of dessert and have family and close friends over. When I was little we would have a party with friends every year, but it was always at our house playing games and eating cake. I think we went swimming for my birthday party once, that was about as extravagant as we got.

My wife threw me a pretty nice 21st birthday party, that was kinda a surprise with a bunch of our friends. Too bad some of those 'friends' are no longer friends, oh well.

Usually we just go out by ourselves or with our parents for my birthday, Mrs. Chikken's birthday is on Christmas so it's always just family - except for a couple years in NH when we had a friend close by.

I have had 2 birthday parties in my life, once when I was 8 (planned) and once when I was 22 or 23 (surprise, sorta) can't remember which. After the surprise party I remembered why I don't have birthday parties.

i had a Hot wheels 21st birthday party. Twas my first birthday party just for me. My fiance at the time threw it for me, very sweet of her.

At this point in my life my birthday usually consists of going out with some friends to dinner or a bar and just having a good time.

Pandora, I would not only let you throw surprise parties for me, but I'd lavish you with praise and thanks afterwards. Unlike that OTHER guy.

Sarcasmo said:
Pandora, I would not only let you throw surprise parties for me, but I'd lavish you with praise and thanks afterwards. Unlike that OTHER guy.

Stop pretending you aren't :haaay: :elfpenis: :gayo: , everyone knows the truth. :fly:

KNYTE said:
Stop pretending you aren't :haaay: :elfpenis: :gayo: , everyone knows the truth. :fly:

"I just wish I was queer, so I could get chicks"

Oh, I have never had a birthday party. I went to a couple in my younger years and I've never seen one that didn't suck. No formal parties for me TYVM. Although a small group of friends going out for a nice dinner/drinks/billiards or something like that would be what I like to do instead.

We have birthday parties for all my friends. We usually all get together and go to some place nice for dinner, then go back to someone's house for cake, ice cream, and presents.