bikes done!

Yes the casings are waterproof. Most conversions I've seen are in cars, but the rough estimation here is that by the time you rip out the gas tank, transmission, and swap engines and replace the empty space with cells, you're going to get roughly the same per tank range as a gas counterpart. That means a car goes roughly 200-300 miles a charge and a bike gets about 75 under normal driving conditions. As FG mentioned, the cool thing is the faster you suck the current out of the battery, the more torque you can get. Under racing conditions, I have no idea what you could get. Then again, if you're racing, I'm assuming you're bringing your bike on a trailer so you can also bring tools and whatnot. You could easily drag along a few extra cells in that case to swap out between heats.

The cells are as big or as small as you want them. Most Li-Ion cells are made up of several smaller cells like this http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/solarcar/solion.pdf wired up in series, then sealed in a waterproof container. Its all very custom. Could you design the system to be able to take extra cells with you? I'm sure. None of it is very off the shelf at this point, so its really up to you and your imagination.

I will leave you with this as inspiration : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qDZOBQs60w

have you seen any of the electric drag racing cars, those things are crazy fast! i think my bike goes about 200 miles on a tank. it holds 5 gallons of gas. and it 600cc so .6 litre.
i can cruise at about 3-4000 rpm. in 6th gear (but 17,500 is much better. lol)

You guys REALLY make it up in coal though.

ETA: There is only ONE nuclear plant in for GA electric which makes 10%~ of the supply depending on demand.

ETA: Oh there are two!

ETA: It is almost imossible to figure out where your power comes from anyway. It get's bought, resold, traded, etc. before it ever gets to you. A price change in any of the fossil fuels has effects on the entire market.

start a new thread bums! lol

have you seen any of the electric drag racing cars, those things are crazy fast! i think my bike goes about 200 miles on a tank. it holds 5 gallons of gas. and it 600cc so .6 litre.
i can cruise at about 3-4000 rpm. in 6th gear (but 17,500 is much better. lol)

My two personal experiences with electric racing were :

1. Modifying a golf cart to go far faster than it was ever meant to. Since there was no spedometer, it was hard to tell how fast we were going, but we were keeping pace on Dale Mabry, so at least 50 mph. Needless to say, some people were quite frightened to see teenagers bolting around Carrollwood in a golf cart. We sucked the batteries dry in about 3 or 4 miles though.

2. In college I worked on a solar race car team. That was somewhat different as we didn't have a whole lot of on board cells, only a few to store extra charge in case we hit a shady stretch. A lot of the same components. At competition we did see full bore race cars and they were nuts. I think I was more amazed at how little there was to them. Its literally a motor, batteries, and a few circuit boards. Its so much simpler than an ICE car, its crazy.

You guys REALLY make it up in coal though.

ETA: There is only ONE nuclear plant in for GA electric which makes 10%~ of the supply depending on demand.

ETA: Oh there are two!

ETA: It is almost imossible to figure out where your power comes from anyway. It get's bought, resold, traded, etc. before it ever gets to you. A price change in any of the fossil fuels has effects on the entire market.

eta 3 is what I am saying because we are one of the providers to the buyers.

ZOMG THREAD SPLITS!

Yeah, energy trading is actually a pretty cool industry. Futures contracts are sew shexy.

There is so much to learn in this industry which makes me want to go futher into it but right now I dont have a door way. Our company was just on the verge of destruction because of shakey contracts with a Natural Gas Supplier we work with but we cleared it up. Over the next couple weeks we should be ramping up to another 50+ Energy Reps and my work load will be enormous. FINALLLLLLY!!!!

I am so fuckin happy, I havent had work in a year here.