bikes done!

not to shabby, it doesnt have enough torque for my likeings, but i bet i could still stunt it! lol

the zero to 60 in 9 seconds would kill me though.

im closer to 0-160 in 9 seconds.

but in terms of general crusing and fuel economy being 0.

id actually sport one of those.

Fabulous thing about DC motors: torque is proportional to current ^_^

People like me could never do that because I forget to put my wash in the drier from time to time, which sucks. But waking up and noticing I forgot to plug my car in and have no way to work would suck more.

Most custom retrofits done by individuals are built where you can hot swap cells if you need to fairly quickly. If you just keep 1 or 2 spare cells charging, you'll be covered. I'm sure after a bit, it would become like plugging in your cell phone every night or whatever. Just another habit. I'd force myself to do it simply for the opportunity to give the house of Saud and the rest of them the finger.

Most custom retrofits done by individuals are built where you can hot swap cells if you need to fairly quickly. If you just keep 1 or 2 spare cells charging, you'll be covered. I'm sure after a bit, it would become like plugging in your cell phone every night or whatever. Just another habit. I'd force myself to do it simply for the opportunity to give the house of Saud and the rest of them the finger.

(We get most of our oil from Canada)

It would be nice not depending on gasoline

This

19645b0ff4f6840b.jpg

> *

Odd. Last chart I saw had Canada at 3rd. Maybe that's due to higher price per barrel has made extracting from the oil sands more feasible. I'm truly surprised by Mexico though. Last time I looked, they weren't even in the top 10. Still doesn't change the fact that it would scare daylights out of the Middle East if people moved en mass to electric over gas far more than any bomb we could drop.

Odd. Last chart I saw had Canada at 3rd. Maybe that's due to higher price per barrel has made extracting from the oil sands more feasible. I'm truly surprised by Mexico though. Last time I looked, they weren't even in the top 10. Still doesn't change the fact that it would scare daylights out of the Middle East if people moved en mass to electric over gas far more than any bomb we could drop.

Maybe, Maybe not. Our Electric cost's are directly related to our oil consumption.

Maybe, Maybe not. Our Electric cost's are directly related to our oil consumption.

Uh, not in Georgia. We only get 0.3% of our power from oil. Most comes from coal fired or nuclear plants. Even in states that rely on oil for power, its far more efficient to charge up a car off grid power than it is to use a gas burning engine.

That's why you should build it and tweak it. Wrightspeed got the X1 to outperform any production sports car by hitting 0-60 in 3 seconds. They think by the time it hits production, they'll have it down to around 2 seconds. If you could do the same with a bike, not only would it be cool, but it would sell extensively.

i know that idea has tremendous potential.

im assuings it water proof? and what would the estimated battery duration look like?

Uh, not in Georgia. We only get 0.3% of our power from oil. Most comes from coal fired or nuclear plants. Even in states that rely on oil for power, its far more efficient to charge up a car off grid power than it is to use a gas burning engine.

Really only .3 huh. Didnt realize it was that little in GA

how big are the cells, would you be able to carry an extra with you?

not busting balls, it seems like a good idea. i just have basic concerns.

and with 0 emissions as well.

i know that idea has tremendous potential.

im assuings it water proof? and what would the estimated battery duration look like?
Yes the casings are waterproof. Most conversions I've seen are in cars, but the rough estimation here is that by the time you rip out the gas tank, transmission, and swap engines and replace the empty space with cells, you're going to get roughly the same per tank range as a gas counterpart. That means a car goes roughly 200-300 miles a charge and a bike gets about 75 under normal driving conditions. As FG mentioned, the cool thing is the faster you suck the current out of the battery, the more torque you can get. Under racing conditions, I have no idea what you could get. Then again, if you're racing, I'm assuming you're bringing your bike on a trailer so you can also bring tools and whatnot. You could easily drag along a few extra cells in that case to swap out between heats.

how big are the cells, would you be able to carry an extra with you?

not busting balls, it seems like a good idea. i just have basic concerns.
The cells are as big or as small as you want them. Most Li-Ion cells are made up of several smaller cells like this http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/solarcar/solion.pdf wired up in series, then sealed in a waterproof container. Its all very custom. Could you design the system to be able to take extra cells with you? I'm sure. None of it is very off the shelf at this point, so its really up to you and your imagination.

I will leave you with this as inspiration : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qDZOBQs60w

Really only .3 huh. Didnt realize it was that little in GA

You guys REALLY make it up in coal though.

ETA: There is only ONE nuclear plant in for GA electric which makes 10%~ of the supply depending on demand.

ETA: Oh there are two!

ETA: It is almost imossible to figure out where your power comes from anyway. It get's bought, resold, traded, etc. before it ever gets to you. A price change in any of the fossil fuels has effects on the entire market.

Last edited: