Big Parenting Moments

awwww, b...that's so cool. i'd love to meet your son one day. maybe we should have a UF kids meet. :fly: that'd rock. spangelet will wear her new orange chucks pandora got her if your son will wear his red ones. :happy:

HydroSqueegee said:
im having issues just thinking of sending my son to daycare for one day a week. :(

Dropping your kid off at their first daycare is such a hard painful experience. Pretty often I almost turned around and blew off work to go back and get him. After a while you're tossing them out the window in the general direction of the daycare as you fly by.

We are still a ways off of Kindergarten, but I know it will be here much sooner than expected.

As much as I want Kyler out of me, I'm still in shock that he actually could be born anyday now. This pregnancy seems to have gone much faster than Haylee's (even with her coming 6 weeks early).

b_sinning said:
Well, we just dropped my son off at his first day of kindergarten. He's been going to a pre-k for the past two years so it's not like he's never been in a classroomish setting. It's still a slap in the face. It's just one of those moments you realize your baby is now a kid. I had to drag my wife out of the school. Actually I saw a few dads doing the samething.
My son is the most out going kid I've ever seen so he was totally cool about going to a new school. He had already introduced himself to everyone in his class and was telling us he'd have a good day and would see us later in the first 5 minutes there. He just turned 5 yeasterday so he was the youngest but he's so big he looked like possibly the biggest kid in his class. There were other kids looking upset and he was telling them it would be ok. Anyways....

Has one had one of those big pivotal parenting moments lately? Besides Pandora's dog pottying outside on his own.

:heart:

I'm going to be doing this in about a year. His mom is going to bawl, I just know it. I won't be able to pull her out of the school though since I will likely be curled up on the floor in a fetal position sucking my thumb.

bast_imret said:
maybe, but hwarfing is the term for someone/something throwing up. Like when my dog hwarfs all over the kitchen floor, but is kind enough to eat most of it up before I get home.
omg I didn't think anyone else used that word but me :happy:

Flamer McDickchugger said:
:heart:

I'm going to be doing this in about a year. His mom is going to bawl, I just know it. I won't be able to pull her out of the school though since I will likely be curled up on the floor in a fetal position sucking my thumb.

Those little McDickchuggers grow up quickly.

bast_imret said:
maybe, but hwarfing is the term for someone/something throwing up. Like when my dog hwarfs all over the kitchen floor, but is kind enough to eat most of it up before I get home.

damnit, and I made out with that dog last Friday. Wait which one does the hwarfing/eating? Ah hell, I made out with both dogs so it doesn't really matter :(

Edit:
misha_whote.gif

Okay I need a parent to explain this to me cuz I really just don't get this. Parents are infamous for their 'first day of school' drama. I understand that a kids first day of school is a big deal, that a kids first of anything is a big deal.... But why do some parents get soooo nuts over it? It's like they're in shock that the kid is growing up? Aren't kids suppose to do that?! Do parents actually want their babies to never grow up? Isn't the whole point to parenthood raising a child so they will grow up and be a successful contributing member to society? Seems like they should be proud to see their offspring go off to school, but why do some parents have such a hard time with it? :confused:

Pandora said:
Okay I need a parent to explain this to me cuz I really just don't get this. Parents are infamous for their 'first day of school' drama. I understand that a kids first day of school is a big deal, that a kids first of anything is a big deal.... But why do some parents get soooo nuts over it? It's like they're in shock that the kid is growing up? Aren't kids suppose to do that?! Do parents actually want their babies to never grow up? Isn't the whole point to parenthood raising a child so they will grow up and be a successful contributing member to society? Seems like they should be proud to see their offspring go off to school, but why do some parents have such a hard time with it? :confused:

The same reason some people will give a $5,000 reward for a lost dog.

Pandora said:
kids growing up are probably a good reminder that the parent is getting older