Big Parenting Moments

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
Well, we just dropped my son off at his first day of kindergarten. He's been going to a pre-k for the past two years so it's not like he's never been in a classroomish setting. It's still a slap in the face. It's just one of those moments you realize your baby is now a kid. I had to drag my wife out of the school. Actually I saw a few dads doing the samething.
My son is the most out going kid I've ever seen so he was totally cool about going to a new school. He had already introduced himself to everyone in his class and was telling us he'd have a good day and would see us later in the first 5 minutes there. He just turned 5 yeasterday so he was the youngest but he's so big he looked like possibly the biggest kid in his class. There were other kids looking upset and he was telling them it would be ok. Anyways....

Has one had one of those big pivotal parenting moments lately? Besides Pandora's dog pottying outside on his own.

April23 said:
He is wearing the skull belt and his hair in a mohawk right?

lol...Yep and his bright red Chucks. My wife was going to make his mohawk red but I wouldn't let her. All of the younger schools require the kids to wear uniforms and are getting strict about the dress code. I didn't want to hear anything from any teacher on his first day.

He's going to the best public school we could find becuase the private school we signed him up for screwed up the paperwork and messed us up in getting him enrolled in school. We have a good feeling about the school.

b_sinning said:
lol...Yep and his bright red Chucks. My wife was going to make his mohawk red but I wouldn't let her. All of the younger schools require the kids to wear uniforms and are getting strict about the dress code. I didn't want to hear anything from any teacher on his first day.

He's going to the best public school we could find becuase the private school we signed him up for screwed up the paperwork and messed us up in getting him enrolled in school. We have a good feeling about the school.

That's badass... I'm not a kid fan, but I'll be his fan. :fly:

Edit: Does he have a cell phone?

Edit 2: Can I have the number?

April23 said:

:lol:
since you're only 14, it's not that disgusting

ChikkenNoodul said:
My puppy made a car ride without hwarfing yesterday++

Congrats! That's always a plus.

My wife can be crazy be she has good taste and a great sense of style and luckly that is rubbing off on my son. I just want him to have my focus. When we got there I asked what room my son was suppose to be in becuase I was out of town and missed the open house. Which sucked so bad. My son just answered room 303 and walked us straight there. I asked my wife if they had practiced that. She said she was about to look up the room number becuase she didn't know it off the top of her head and they had only walked to the room once. I don't understand that he obviously has a good memory and is intelligent then why I keep having to fuss at him to do the same stuff all the time at home. I think he does it to screw with me.

April23 said:

LOL at kids with cell phones reference

b_sinning said:
Congrats! That's always a plus.

My wife can be crazy be she has good taste and a great sense of style and luckly that is rubbing off on my son. I just want him to have my focus. When we got there I asked what room my son was suppose to be in becuase I was out of town and missed the open house. Which sucked so bad. My son just answered room 303 and walked us straight there. I asked my wife if they had practiced that. She said she was about to look up the room number becuase she didn't know it off the top of her head and they had only walked to the room once. I don't understand that he obviously has a good memory and is intelligent then why I keep having to fuss at him to do the same stuff all the time at home. I think he does it to screw with me.

I believe it's called selective memory/hearing. JJ says I still suffer from it. :fly:

worfing?
WORF-800.JPG

ChikkenNoodul said:
Worfing = skullfucking Michael Dorn

maybe, but hwarfing is the term for someone/something throwing up. Like when my dog hwarfs all over the kitchen floor, but is kind enough to eat most of it up before I get home.

My dogs ate a cat this weekend. I actually thought they had caught a raccoon but nope. It was a cat. Cat must have been suicidal to enter my backyard. That's the first time I've ever seen them do anything violent. I'm keeping an eye on them now.