Big 3 auto bailout coverage

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Marklar
₥663
Anyone watch this? The Big 3 auto execs flew to Washington to lobby their cause, saying they need $25 billion NOW or they will go broke. NOW GODAMMIT NOW!!!

They flew there on private jets at an average cost of $20,000 per trip. The boys on Capitol Hill let them have it.

"Let me see a show of hands from everyone who flew here commercial today. Let the record reflect that no hands went up."

Anyone watch this? The Big 3 auto execs flew to Washington to lobby their cause, saying they need $25 billion NOW or they will go broke. NOW GODAMMIT NOW!!!

They flew there on private jets at an average cost of $20,000 per trip. The boys on Capitol Hill let them have it.

"Let me see a show of hands from everyone who flew here commercial today. Let the record reflect that no hands went up."

As funny and as appropriate as I think that comment is, the people on Capital Hill have zero place to talk about wasting money.

I saw this morning that, minus benefits, the average auto worker is making close to 78k a year.

wtf. No fucking wonder they are going broke.

They're selling the shit out of "Joe the Plumber", too.

"Our industry, which represents America’s real economy, Main Street, needs a bridge to span the financial chasm that is open before us.”

“We’re trying to put a Main Street face on this issue.”

My buddy works in an industrial bakery in Detroit as a member of a union (United Cupcake Faggots Local 117, I think). He makes $50k a year to operate a conveyor belt machine. Basically he stands there and pushes a button if an alarm goes off.

Last edited:
they need to file chapter whatever and rebuild with new management...obviously the current jerkoffs are worthless and giving them free monies will only perpetuate that

I read an interview article with the president of Ford Motor yesterday. It became painfully obvious that he really doesn't get it. He kept saying 'We are already doing what people want us to do', instead of realizing people are saying 'No, you not only aren't, but you need to do more'.

I think there is some serious misguided arrogance at the big three board level.

they need to file chapter whatever and rebuild with new management...obviously the current jerkoffs are worthless and giving them free monies will only perpetuate that
That can't happen because these guys operate under contracts and whats the point of a contract if you can just break it when things get shitty?

Right, union negotiated labor contracts, it's not just the unions that operate under contracts, it's all of the executives who have it written in their contracts they make $XXX,XXX and get use of the private jet.

As funny and as appropriate as I think that comment is, the people on Capital Hill have zero place to talk about wasting money.
the people in Capital Hill aren't asking for 25 million dollars to bail out their businesses though. and they often fly commercial.