BF2 Special Forces (T1/T3/OC192s welcome)

Buy?

• Will buy

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Won't buy

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,323
Steam
mattressfish
This is a topical discussion about what you think about this expansion pack, what you've heard about it, and if you'll be picking it up.

the post below was ripped from gamespot, then ripped from another forum. Please excuse any translation errors, as Al Queda is responsible.

This is an informational post brought to you by the good people at gamespot.

Buy it here and predownload today.
GAMESPOT Source.

wallpaper_battlefield_2_special_forces_01_800.jpg

Special Forces is the upcoming expansion pack that will add six new factions, as well as new battlefields and a host of other features, to Battlefield 2, EA and DICE's hit multiplayer action game. As its name suggests, you'll have a chance to play as some of the world's elite Special Forces units in the form of the US Navy SEALs and US Army Delta Force, the British SAS, the Russian Spetsnaz, and the MEC Special Forces. There are also two insurgent factions in the game, to let you play as the rebels.

New Vehicles

AIL Desert Raider:
The Desert Raider is an Israeli-designed fast attack vehicle. With its multiple mounted machine guns and high degree of maneuverability, the Desert Raider is a dangerous vehicle to contend with. It has three positions, and both passengers have mounted machine guns. It is also light and quick.

bf2_02.jpg

BMP 3 Infantry Combat Vehicle
The BMP 3 is a Russian armored personnel carrier. Its amphibian abilities make it a formidable little vehicle. Its main gun fires a 100mm round, and it also has a small machine gun for alternate fire. There are six positions in the BMP 3: a driver, a gunner, and four passengers. It is more nimble than a tank, but not as nimble as a wheeled APC. It is also more durable than a wheeled APC, though not as strong as a tank.

bf2_03.jpg

Hummer With TOW Missile

This is the faithful Hummer with a TOW missile launcher in place of the roof-mounted machine gun. Unlike the regular Hummer, the TOW variant has room only for a driver and a missile operator. The performance of the TOW variant is otherwise identical to the regular Hummer.

bf2_04.jpg

Civilian Truck

This is a pickup truck with a mounted machine gun in the bed. It's quick and dangerous but doesn't have armor.

Civilian Car

The civilian car is a simple automobile with no weapons. It provides quick, basic transportation.

ATV

The ATV is all about having a good time, crazy stunts, and getting to places normally not accessible by traditional Battlefield vehicles. Its high speed and maneuverability mean lightning-quick attacks and speedy getaways. The ATV has room for just a driver.

bf2_05.jpg

Jet Ski

Why should the fun stop on land? The Jet Ski is the water-going version of the dirt bike and is the fastest way to travel from point A to point B on water. Its light weight and power also make it able to hop over items in the water. Like the ATV, the Jet Ski has room only for the driver.

bf2_06.jpg

Apache Longbow Attack Helicopter

The Apache Longbow is a close support attack helicopter. Like other Battlefield 2 gunships, it has room for a two-man crew. It can carry 16 missiles, and it also packs a nose-mounted cannon.

bf2_07.jpg

MI 35 Hind

The pride of the Russian rotary fleet, the Hind is still a versatile attack and transport helicopter capable of holding six men. It is equipped with missiles as well as a nose-mounted autocannon.

bf2_08.jpg

New Equipment

Grappling Hook

Using the same control scheme as a grenade (just aim and shoot), the grappling hook can be thrown at and hooked onto any horizontal edge on a structure. This lets you climb up any building by creating a makeshift ladder.

bf2_09.jpg

Zip Line

Using a crossbow, you can fire the zip line at any vertical surface, and its end will stick. The opposite end will attach to the surface you're standing on. Once it's in place, you can enter the zip line like you enter a vehicle and slide along the rope. When you reach the other end, the zip line resets and is ready for the next player to use.

bf2_10.jpg

Flashbang

The flashbang in itself does not cause damage to a target, but it will blind anyone within its radius for several moments. This radius is somewhat larger than that of a regular grenade. Once blinded, the victim is vulnerable to an attack

bf2_11.jpg

Tear Gas

The tear gas grenade is similar to the flashbang in its intended result, that being to incapacitate an enemy in order to kill him. When sprayed with tear gas, a player will have severe visual limitations imposed on him by way of blurred vision and the gas cloud.

bf2_12.jpg

Weapons

H&K G36E

The H&K G36E is an SAS weapon. It features selective fire modes and has a 30-round magazine.

bf2_13.jpg

H&K MG36

The H&K MG36 machine gun is another SAS weapon. It also features selective fire modes, but it packs a bigger, 100-round magazine.

bf2_14.jpg

FN F2000

The FN 2000 assault rifle is another SAS weapon. Like other Battlefield 2 assault rifles, it features an attached, single-shot grenade launcher. The assault rifle features selective fire modes and has a 30-round magazine

bf2_15.jpg

H&K MP-7

The H&K MP-7 is yet another SAS weapon. This small submachine gun has selective fire modes and a 20-round magazine.

bf2_16.jpg

XM26 M4A1 combo

The XM26 M4A1 is a combination assault rifle and shotgun used by US forces. The assault rifle has selective fire modes and a 30-round magazine, while the single-shot shotgun has a five-round magazine.

bf2_17.jpg

FN Scar Light & Heavy

The FN Scar Light & Heavy is another US assault rifle. It features selective fire modes and a 30-round magazine.

bf2_18.jpg

REAL GAMEPLAY

920407_20051027_screen001.jpg

920407_20051027_screen002.jpg

920407_20051027_screen003.jpg

920407_20051027_screen004.jpg

920407_20051027_screen005.jpg

920407_20051027_screen006.jpg

920407_20051027_screen007.jpg

920407_20051027_screen008.jpg

920407_20051027_screen009.jpg

920407_20051027_screen010.jpg

929149_20050802_screen001.jpg

929149_20050802_screen002.jpg

929149_20050802_screen003.jpg

929149_20050802_screen004.jpg

929149_20050714_screen001.jpg

929149_20050714_screen002.jpg

929149_20050714_screen003.jpg

929149_20050714_screen004.jpg

SpangeMonkee said:
Wrong name colors. Weird point glitches. Crashing to desktop on new map load. Helo missle cam glitch (goes through vehicles w/o damage). etc.. etc..
I haven't had a single issues since v1.0 personally. Weird.

Sarcasmo said:
The Russian Spetsnaz is elite? Everytime they try to do something 200 people die. :fly:

You leave that theater incident out this! That was only partially their fault.

why_ask_why said:
ugh, this day needs to hurry up and end...played bf2 until 3am :(

How's that working for you? I played for 10 minutes when the newest patch/upgrade came out made gunnery seargeant or whatever, and haven't played since. 10 minutes in the past 2 1/2 months. All I ever get out of it lately is yelled at for being a 203 noob.

This spec ops thing looks really gay too, because now it's going to be zip lines everywhere and people flying through the air like the Ringling Brothers. :fly:

Sarcasmo said:
How's that working for you? I played for 10 minutes when the newest patch/upgrade came out made gunnery seargeant or whatever, and haven't played since. 10 minutes in the past 2 1/2 months. All I ever get out of it lately is yelled at for being a 203 noob.

This spec ops thing looks really gay too, because now it's going to be zip lines everywhere and people flying through the air like the Ringling Brothers. :fly:

I'm still digging it...helps that I'm playing on an 8'x6' screen on an ati 850 card with every setting maxxed :D

and I'll check out the new one for sure

edit:res is north of 11xx

why_ask_why said:
I'm still digging it...helps that I'm playing on an 8'x6' screen on an ati 850 card with every setting maxxed :D

and I'll check out the new one for sure

edit:res is north of 11xx
That reminds me. I need to start looking for a new PJ...

SpangeMonkee said:
Wrong name colors. Weird point glitches. Crashing to desktop on new map load. Helo missle cam glitch (goes through vehicles w/o damage). etc.. etc..

The last two I resolved by updating my video drivers. You using ATI or Nvidia?