Thread Best & Worst Drivers in the US

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
http://www.insurancequotes.com/best-and-worst-drivers/

Allstate report: Fort Collins drivers are best in country, D.C. drivers are worsthttp://www.insurancequotes.com/best-and-worst-drivers/

For the second consecutive year, Fort Collins, Colo., has taken the crown as “America’s Safest Driving City.” Meanwhile, Washington, D.C., ranks as the least safe city for drivers — also for the second consecutive year.
According to the seventh annual Allstate America’s Best Drivers Report, the average driver in Fort Collins will experience a car crash every 14 years, which is 28.6 percent below the national average of 10 years. In Washington, D.C., the average driver will be in a car crash every 4.8 years, which is 107.3 percent above the national average.
“For the second year in a row, we’ve earned the title of the safest driving city in America due to the responsible behavior and safe driving habits of our residents,” Fort Collins Mayor Karen Weitkunat says in an Allstate news release.
Based on Allstate claims data, the report ranks the country’s 200 largest cities in terms of car-crash frequency to identify which cities have the safest drivers.

Best drivers

Behind Fort Collins in the top 10 are:

2. Boise, Idaho, where the average driver gets in a car crash every 13.4 years (25.5 percent less likely than average U.S. driver).

3. Lincoln, Neb. , every 12.9 years (22.7 percent less likely).
4. Chandler, Ariz., every 12.6 years (20.4 percent less likely).
5. Huntsville, Ala., every 12.3 years (18.9 percent less likely).
6. Knoxville, Tenn., every 12.2 years (18.3 percent less likely).
7. Springfield, Mo., every 12.2 years (17.9 percent less likely).
8. Reno, Nev., every 12 years (16.6 percent less likely).
9. Eugene, Ore., every 11.9 years (16.3 percent less likely).
10. Chattanooga, Tenn., every 11.9 years (16.3 percent less likely).

Worst drivers

Ahead of Washington, D.C., in the bottom 10 are:

192. Baltimore, every 5.3 years (88.7 percent more likely).

191. Glendale, Calif., every 5.5 years (80.8 percent more likely).
190. Newark, N.J., every 5.9 years (70.8 percent more likely).
189. Providence, R.I., every 6.0 years (66.7 percent more likely).
188. Philadelphia, every 6.2 years (60.2 percent more likely).
187. Hartford, Conn., every 6.3 years (59.6 percent more likely).
186. Jersey City, N.J., every 6.4 years (57.5 percent more likely).
185. San Francisco, every 6.4 years (57.3 percent more likely).
184. Alexandria, Va., every 6.4 years (55.9 percent more likely).

The Allstate report excludes cities in Massachusetts. The report analyzed claims data from January 2008 through December 2009. A weighted average of the two-year numbers determined percentages for the likelihood of being in a car crash.http://www.insurancequotes.com/best-and-worst-drivers/

I can believe FC get's high rankings. No one is ever in a rush up there. Might go hand in hand as being in the top 3 every year for the past decade or so for places to live in the US.

I'm amazed that no place in Florida got worst drivers...

I can believe FC get's high rankings. No one is ever in a rush up there. Might go hand in hand as being in the top 3 every year for the past decade or so for places to live in the US.

I'm amazed that no place in Florida got worst drivers...

I feel the same for Honolulu.

I don't know about Hartford, but every one of the other worst drivers are in very high traffic locations that don't have an incredibly high dependence on public transportation.

Yeah, this is quite skewed. This is least number of collisions per year, not least number of collisions per vehicle per specific vehicle density. And this certainly isn't "Best Driver". As far as I am concerned some of the best most talented drivers are in Chicago. Going 85mph just 5 feet away from the car in front of you, putting on mascara, on the phone, reading the newspaper, brushing your teeth, shaving, or pick two out of the list at the same time all while snowing; this is the mark of a great driver.

Fort Collins is a tiny place with very few people. Of course people who live there aren't going to have as many accidents as in DC. The best list cities are all way smaller than the worst list. That's like saying people who live in Jackhole Alaska have a lower risk of being shot by a gang member than people who live in LA.

Pure chaos is almost easier to deal with, like London traffic, than two distinct styles where each is driving as if everyone around them will react like they're used to.

Don't get me wrong, DC traffic sucks, but it's expected to suck.

With Hartford, I'm always thinking ":wtf: this is a tiny ass backwater barely qualifying as a city craphole, why the hell are we at a dead standstill for two hours?"

I think what makes DC drivers the worst is that nobody EVER wants anyone else to get in front of them for any reason at all and they will do anything to prevent this from happening. Consequently, if you want to change lanes your only recourse is to just do it without any warning what-so-ever because if you do a stupid thing like put on a turn signal and let everyone around you know of your intentions they will do everything in their power to stop you. Unsurprisingly, this behavior causes accidents. Baltimore drivers aren't much better.

Real problem with NY is the pedestrians like to live on the edge and everyone in a car has two speeds, GO FAST or stop.

NJ drivers are just inconsiderate.

The traffic in Hartford is pretty terrible.

It's also a near even co-mingling of NYC and Boston driving styles, the two don't mix very well.

providence owns boston on the bad drivers and both put NYC to shame. you know this. :p
been to hartford a couple times but the traffic didn't make an impression me