Best NFL Stadiums

fly said:
No mater how bad the Bucs season is this year, I can almost guarentee it will be better than the Packers. Thanks Packers!
Well let's see. They dont lose all the time... Like say the Bengals.

Superbowl 1996, anyone. I watched that IN SCHOOL, in Wisconsin.

fly said:
Why were you in school on a Sunday?
We watched it on Monday. One of the teachers recorded it and they had everyone watch it in the Cafeteria/Gym/Auditorium (all the same room, little school).

Ray Jay is cool.

I went for the first time during its first season to, I think, the Bears' game. I had been to an all-nighter with some friends (go figure), got home around 7am Sunday morning, started drinking - cause we had no more beans - and then realized it was almost 11am. The three of us who were going to the game together realized we didn't have a chance to stay awake and/or alert through this 1pm kickoff so we ate some gel tabs. We were tweaking pretty hard by the time we finally got inside around 12:30. Given that this was our first time in the stadium the whole thing reeked of Epcot center or something. We come out from under the bleachers to teh pirate area with the ship and the "Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me..." playing on the speakers and the row of shops - holy crap it was a lot to take in considering that frame of mind.

We ended up sitting up in the upper deck. The game ended and the stadium emptied and the 3 of us were looking around wondering where everyone went. They were playing some DMB song on the stadium PA and some low clouds had just started moving around us so we could feel the temp drop coupled with the cool moisture and the tunes and we were friggin lost.

I'm surprised we weren't detained for being weird.

shawndavid said:
Ray Jay is cool.

I went for the first time during its first season to, I think, the Bears' game. I had been to an all-nighter with some friends (go figure), got home around 7am Sunday morning, started drinking - cause we had no more beans - and then realized it was almost 11am. The three of us who were going to the game together realized we didn't have a chance to stay awake and/or alert through this 1pm kickoff so we ate some gel tabs. We were tweaking pretty hard by the time we finally got inside around 12:30. Given that this was our first time in the stadium the whole thing reeked of Epcot center or something. We come out from under the bleachers to teh pirate area with the ship and the "Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me..." playing on the speakers and the row of shops - holy crap it was a lot to take in considering that frame of mind.

We ended up sitting up in the upper deck. The game ended and the stadium emptied and the 3 of us were looking around wondering where everyone went. They were playing some DMB song on the stadium PA and some low clouds had just started moving around us so we could feel the temp drop coupled with the cool moisture and the tunes and we were friggin lost.

I'm surprised we weren't detained for being weird.

You're so hardcore. :lol: :heart:

why_ask_why said:
I would love to see a game at arrowhead...supposed to be the loudest stadium in the nfl...a title they've held for a long time too

rich stadium @ buffalo is supposed to be awesome too

It's worth the game. It doesn't matter if you like KC or not just the excitement of the stadium will get you.

why_ask_why said:
actually the GA dome is pretty nice as far as stadiums go

Apparantly not if the Falcons want a new one within 10 years. I just think we got screwed when we had that ice storm during the one in 2000. They think a new stadium would fix it, but the problems are bigger than that and cant really be fixed unless they redo most of that area which obviously they cant.

Ryokurin said:
Apparantly not if the Falcons want a new one within 10 years. I just think we got screwed when we had that ice storm during the one in 2000. They think a new stadium would fix it, but the problems are bigger than that and cant really be fixed unless they redo most of that area which obviously they cant.

10 more years will put it at ~26 years old which isn't totally unusual for an upgrade these days

they should have made it a retractable roof dome...that would have been worth keeping around

why_ask_why said:
10 more years will put it at ~26 years old which isn't totally unusual for an upgrade these days

they should have made it a retractable roof dome...that would have been worth keeping around

Houston > ATL

:fly: Ahhh just kidding.

why_ask_why said:
if the texans didn't play there it might be worth a shit:p
and what happened to your bucs?? :fly:

The Bucs suck this year, I'm not going to deny it. Even the Texans beat them in preseason. :(

April23 said:
The Bucs suck this year, I'm not going to deny it. Even the Texans beat them in preseason. :(

They havent scored a touchdown yet and its already been 2 games. Even a blind squirrel stumbles on a nut every once in awhile, come on now.

BeeRad said:
They havent scored a touchdown yet and its already been 2 games. Even a blind squirrel stumbles on a nut every once in awhile, come on now.
Its the classic Bucs QB curse. Our quarterbacks are only good for 1 year. Then we spend the entire next year beating a dead horse. Shaun King, Brad Johnston, Chris Simms, and probably many others I missed. It is our way.

fly said:
Its the classic Bucs QB curse. Our quarterbacks are only good for 1 year. Then we spend the entire next year beating a dead horse. Shaun King, Brad Johnston, Chris Simms, and probably many others I missed. It is our way.

honestly with the way the last 2 games went I see no need to watch any further bucs this year, its just annoying.

but then again did you see both kickers, haha. 1 for 7 field goal attempts inside of a dome, did the wind pick up to much budd??? You get paid millions of dollars and you cant kick a 20 yard field goal, bwhahahahaha. Not saying I could do it but that is not what I get paid for, wait, what do i get paid for, hmmm ill be back on that one

BeeRad said:
honestly with the way the last 2 games went I see no need to watch any further bucs this year, its just annoying.

but then again did you see both kickers, haha. 1 for 7 field goal attempts inside of a dome, did the wind pick up to much budd??? You get paid millions of dollars and you cant kick a 20 yard field goal, bwhahahahaha. Not saying I could do it but that is not what I get paid for, wait, what do i get paid for, hmmm ill be back on that one
2 were blocked, but still...