FYI Being a Transvestite is Expensive

It's easy to get 5730 in grants to pay for school and 12500 in loans. However that just covers school you would have to come up with living expenses elsewhere.

Source I've done it for 3 years.

Brony is full of white guilt. He's desperate to pin the blame of the plight of the impoverished on the white man and the rich keeping them down. It's somehow everyone else's fault for someone's situation, I've heard nothing but excuses for them obj this thread and why they aren't responsible for their own situation. Maybe they aren't, but neither are we.
You don't grok the argument at all

But it's a problem for you. Clearly. You are the type that complains about SNAP, TANF, and Medicaid and having it come out of YOUR taxes. I'm not complaining. I'm happy to help people who don't have enough money feed their kids. I'm happy to help cracky the crackhead on the corner get more crack. I don't care. I'm not complaining about helping them. If it were up to me we'd stop spending so much money on foreign wars and start spending more money on needy children. I haven't identified a problem. You have.
No no no no no. The problem for me is more 'pretend solutions' to solve something that hasn't changed in so long. We keep throwing good money after bad.

A healthy economy and jobs reduce poverty. Let's let the gov't work on that faster than they are. Instead of this slow ass, micromanaged, millimeter by millimeter 'lookie we're making progress' shit that people keep putting their name on all the while saying 'we could do better.' America is getting stronger ONLY because we're growing more muscles to carry the increasing gov't burden on our back. But while 'we' do that 'we're' not hiring anyone because 'our' pockets are being drained. Poverty is going up under the current plan. But feel free to pretend it's working and more of the same will help. . .

Incomes in the U.S. ticked up in 2013 for the first time in six years, an increase that did little to repair the damage to American paychecks since the recession.

The median annual household income—the level at which half are above and half below—rose 0.3% in 2013, or a total of $180, to an inflation-adjusted $51,939, the Census Bureau's latest snapshot of U.S. living standards showed Tuesday. The increase, which wasn't statistically significant, leaves incomes around 8% below their level of 2007, when the recession officially started.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-incomes-edge-higher-as-sluggish-recovery-persists-1410878730

Has brony mentioned white guilt even once or is that something people like to apply to people when they actually suggest we do something to help those less fortunate? You don't need to feel guilty to want to help people.
I don't know why anyone thinks I feel any guilt or want anyone else to. I'm not guilty for any history that has occurred but that doesn't mean the consequences of that history are no longer relevant.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
it's still your fault there was tsunami, cause you're white. it's also your fault they lost their homes. you shouldn't just help them, you should be OBLIGATED to build them new homes.

poor and impoverished are two different things imo. the basic needs of impoverished aren't being met, whereas the poor they just don't have any or much left over to for luxury.

yeah, fuck other people. there's plenty of humans, if a few suffer needlessly it's no sweat off my balls

how 'bout them knicks, eh?

it's about as unfeasible as my idea

The problems are institutional, not individual. Poverty exists because of a lot of factors caused by the chaos of large populations. The first step is acknowledging that some environments can only be changed with external influence and that some problems carry themselves over multiple generations.

Not saying we're going to solve it today or this year or even in my lifetime. But fuck if it's not a worthy goal.

But this idea that the best way to solve it is a strong economy and jobs is outright foolish. You have to correct the foundations of the system that allows the poverty to exist before any amount of jobs will make any sort of difference. A strong economy helps people who already have money to invest and make wise decisions with, those without any do not benefit nearly as much.

which doesn't really matter because in about 20 years half of us won't have jobs. I can think of maybe four or five people on this forum that don't have jobs which could be replaced by a machine in the next two or three decades

It's a worthy goal, we just disagree on how to solve the problem. or, more the point, nobody has any fucking clue how to solve the problem.

we kinda view machines taking over as a bad thing, i think it could be a great thing if done properly. instead of half of the people having a full time job, we could all have 10 hour work weeks and live the same lifestyles with machines picking up the slack. might be a pipe dream but i think as we approach the singularity it'll eventually evolve that way. if we don't all kill each other first.