Food Beer bread!

Unless you get ghee, which I don't get (or make) here is a recipe given to me by the same person who told me about the oven technique. If you have ghee then replace the olive oil with it.

1 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Mix ingredients and let rise for at least an hour. Roll or flatten with hands and put on baking sheet. If using metal spray with olive or canola oil first. Add a little water to the naan to moisten before putting in oven on broil. Cook a few minutes and turn. Probably takes 5 minutes total to cook in my oven.

I cut this in half when I make it for us since otherwise we'll get left overs. I prefer naan hot and fresh so I never make left overs.

Feel free to add in herbs or spices that you like, but this is a basic plain naan. My boy eats this up like no tomorrow. I think it is his favorite bread I make.

Last edited:
Nope, can't eat onion so it's sadly out. Bad thing is I LOVE the taste of onion, but onion gives me massive headaches and makes me feel quite ill for a day :(

April, I just put the oven on the highest broil setting and I gently spray a thin cooking sheet with oil and put it in for a few minutes. I don't do well with pizza stones (klutz) and this is what someone suggested after learning from her grandmother straight from India when they didn't have access to tandoori ovens.

It takes more time to cook than a tandoori oven still but much better than other methods I've heard/tried (like frying on a stove top does NOT work well)

you should try leeks.

you should try leeks.

Leeks are in the same family as onion - they are out as well. I can tolerate some garlic, but leeks, green onion, regular onion of any kind and anything related to them has the same effect on me. I can do dried onion and garlic in small quantities.

Just curious, why not? It's very easy to make.

Don't know why honestly. I was just thinking that I make naan like every week so why don't I do it? The first time I made it, I just wanted a test run so I didn't care if I had it or not. Now we have it a ton. I'll have to consider making or buying (might not be any more costly to buy than make).

Anything in the onion family all hailed from Satan. :barf: so, serves y'all right if you get farty and sick from them. :fly:

Anything in the onion family all hailed from Satan. :barf: so, serves y'all right if you get farty and sick from them. :fly:

Lmaoooooo

I eat onions every single day of my life.
Leeks I loveeee but I can't eat too much or it's rotten egg heaven up in here!

Also I've never baked a thing in my life.
Like breads pies or any bakery crap. Never.

Lmaoooooo

I eat onions every single day of my life.
Leeks I loveeee but I can't eat too much or it's rotten egg heaven up in here!

Also I've never baked a thing in my life.
Like breads pies or any bakery crap. Never.

Omg, you've never baked like anything????

*awaits incoming novel*

Nope never!!
Once I put that pillsbury doughboy croissant bread in but I didn't know you had to roll all the little triangles I just threw the tube in (not the can) and it was just a giant bread ball. It was gross but I are it cuz I was high!

Fcking :lol:

Nope never!!
Once I put that pillsbury doughboy croissant bread in but I didn't know you had to roll all the little triangles I just threw the tube in (not the can) and it was just a giant bread ball. It was gross but I are it cuz I was high!
Oh man. Baking and marijuana go hand in hand.

I could probably write a whole "stoner snacks" cookbook based on shit I invented during my university days.

Nope never!!

You need a reality show...lol